Following the recent wins of a number of high value contracts and thus the expansion of their professional staffing departments, a specialist hydro power and utilities company are seeking an Expeditor / Senior Expeditor within their Purchasing department.
A brand new position to the company, the Expeditor / Senior Expeditor will be supporting procurement personnel within the business ensuring equipment, materials and services are delivered to projects and offices in which the company participates.
A specialist across water and wastewater treatment, our client has secured a number of high value contracts with leading national partners in excess of £20M, resulting in a large recruitment drive and expansion across the business; including their professional staffing.
Details of the Expeditor / Senior Expeditor role are:
Location - Rubery, South Birmingham
Salary - £30,000-£40,000
Reporting into the Commercial Manager, the Expeditor / Senior Expeditor will be required to exercise the direction of other Expeditors and Expeditor Assistants (when a team is implemented) as necessary to achieve tasks as allocated.
Key responsibilities of the Expeditor / Senior Expeditor are:
- Receipt of purchase orders and sub-contractors, checking for completeness of documentation and information received
- Assess inspection and documentation requirements
- Receive acknowledgement of purchase orders and resolve, in liaison with the purchasing team, any queries if necessary
- Check and monitor progress of purchase orders
- Record and communicate results of the above point to relevant members of the contract and procurement teams
- Liaise with site managers, as well as other relevant stakeholders, to ensure smooth and timely flow of materials and services to site in accordance with the programmes requirements
- Receive invoices from Accounts and Site teams, assigning workload where required and keeping orderly records of all
The Expeditor / Senior Expeditors performance will be measured on the following metrics:
- Accuracy and quality of own expediting work
- Ability to motivate and control assigned staff
- Ability to meet contract time and cost objectives, within budget
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Contribution of departmental development, productivity and efficiency
- Integration and promotion of expediting expertise within contract teams
- Ability to communicate and liaise with vendors and participate in their development
To apply for this Expeditor / Senior Expeditor position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.