Plant Engineering Supervisor UK Tamworth
Founded in 1907 in Seattle, Washington USA, UPS are the largest parcel delivery service in the world and one of the leading global providers of specialized transportation and logistics services. UPS employs nearly 400,000 staff world wide and serves more than 220 countries and territories.
The main purpose of the role will be to supervise the maintenance & cleaning of all our facilities & conveyor systems throughout a specified area, ensuring that they are safe, legal and dependable at the most economical cost. This may include project engineering of various projects ranging from building & conveyor modifications, to opening complete new facilities within defined budgets & timelines to the highest quality.
Dependent on location, shifts may vary over a 24 hour period in order to support the operation.
- Asset Management
- Administrating Contracts
- Controlling Budgets
- Compliance including carrying out and reporting on preventative maintenance procedures
- Conveyor Reliability
- Project Engineering
- Maintaining Complete Accurate & Up to date Records
- Selection & Monitoring Performance Of Outside Service Contractors
- Supervision of Direct Employed Staff
- Trouble shooting electrical circuits (both single and 3 phase)
- Understanding, Implementing & Maintaining UPS & Departmental Procedures
- Responding in a timely fashion to break downs
- Work as a team to achieve reliability and maintenance targets
Key Skills and Experience:
- Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering, with relevant experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able To Prepare Engineering Designs & Specifications
- Good Cost Estimating Skills
- Good Negotiation Skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Able to work on own initiative and prioritize accordingly
- Willing to work flexible hours including call out coverage
- Flexible, friendly and enthusiastic attitude
We offer a wide range of benefits from a Company pension scheme to a corporate discount programme.
UPS operates a ‘promotion from within policy’ with all our employees having the opportunity to progress within the Company.