We are seeking an experienced Assistant Manager to join our team at this key time as we look to embark on a national roll out with a fantastic new opening in the heart of Derby city centre. We are looking for someone who has experience in both a food and drink environment, knows the value of building and maintaining a brilliant team and who has a natural flair with guests. In return you will receive a competitive salary of £18,000-£21,000 per annum.
In addition to your role the Assistant Manager will receive;
- Staff meals,
- 50% staff discount on food at any of our venues
- Opportunity to work as part of a fun, close-knit Soba family
- Attractive working patterns
Bar Soba has a history of creating great cocktails, always innovating to bring something unique since they first opened the doors of their first bar in Glasgow back in ’99. They idolise the Street Food vendors of South-east Asia’s bustling night markets and that’s who the Menu pays homage to. Authentic Street Food dishes with a few culinary remixes thrown in along the way. Music has always played a big part in the Soba experience with them playing host to local cutting-edge DJ talent every week.
We are an award-winning cocktail bar and kitchen with 5 sites across Scotland & England including Glasgow, Edinburgh and Leeds. We have exciting growth plans ahead with the rapid expansion of 30 sites across the nation over the next 4 years. We offer plenty of opportunity to grow and we now need the future talent to help us embark on our journey. If you have a passion for delivering great service and enjoy a working within a fast paced customer centric environment we would love to hear from you!
The successful candidate will report to the General Manager ensuring the smooth running of the unit at all times.
The Assistant Manager duties and key responsibilities:
- Deliver excellent customer service and maintain a high standard of customer management, at all times
- In the absence of the General Manager, to take full responsibility for the set-up and effective operation of the unit, within company policy, at all times
- Ensure that opening and closing procedures are adhered to, in line with company policy, taking account of security and the health & safety of people and property
- Work in all areas of the unit, bar, floor, cellar, kitchen and office, to ensure that best practice is maintained by the team and that any areas requiring improvement may be identified
- Be accountable for all cash management throughout the unit; conduct thorough investigations for all cash-loss issues
- Maximise all sales opportunities in the business, including quality of food and drink service and availability; have an understanding of all promotions and work with the team and area manager to maximise sales at every opportunity
- Follow all company security procedures, including loss prevention measures and procedures for the security of staff and premises, at all times
- Manage the unit team, including motivating and leading the team to work to the highest standards, at all times
- Identify and monitor training needs and take an active role in developing people
- Manage the day-to-day attendance of staff and managers, in line with company sickness and absence management policies and procedures
- Carry out any duties as instructed by area manager and head office
Our ideal Assistant Manager will have the below skills and experience:
- Experience of both food and drinks management
- Track record of building and retaining amazing teams
- A natural flair for hospitality.
- Genuine enthusiasm and aptitude for providing a great customer service experience.
- Honesty, integrity and the strong work ethic required to become part of a close team.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Assistant Manager then please click ‘Apply’ today. A future career within a fast expanding hospitality brand awaits you all!