Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
ASC Connections are currently recruiting for an experienced Multi- Skilled Maintenance Engineer to work for well renowned steel manufactures based in the Rowley Regis area. Our client are looking for a professional candidate who has at least 5 years' experience conducting repairs and fact finding faults on Robotic welds, CNC'S and Power Presses used for the manufacturing of parts for the automotive industry.
The main duties for the Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer role include:
- Carrying out routine scheduled maintenance work and responding to equipment faults;
- Ensure that equipment is in good working order so as to prevent disruption of activities;
- Diagnosing breakdown problems;
- Fitting new parts and making sure equipment is working correctly;
- Carrying out quality inspections on jobs;
- Liaising with client departments, customers and other engineering and production colleagues;
- Arranging specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings or components;
- Controlling maintenance tools, stores and equipment;
- Monitoring and controlling maintenance costs;
- Dealing with emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs;
- Improving health and safety policies and procedures;
- Working with specialist equipment, such as programmable logic controllers (PLC), which control machinery on factory assembly lines;
- Ensuring there is continuous cover of the machinery and equipment in case of breakdowns.
- Knowledge of PLCs, preferably Siemens S5, S7 and Allen Bradley
- Knowledge of Profibus and other networks.
- Understanding of Inverter and DC drives
- Experience of Press lines with conveyors and stackers for the sheet metal industry in automotive
You must have the following experience for the Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer role:
- Use the CMMS system to log all machine downtime data
- Maintain the engineering stores system and order spares
- Liaise with customers and suppliers as appropriate
- Liaise with other areas of the business as required
- Support the rest of the business in Continuous Improvement activity
- First Line reactive maintenance
If you have the skills necessary for the Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer role please contact Noel Bailey on , alternatively you can email me on . I look forward to hearing from you
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of both technical and business services.
We operate as an employment business or an employment agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.
For an extensive range of job opportunities please visit our website at www.asc-connections.com