International Internal Auditor
About The Role:
- Identify risk to profit, strategic objectives and the achievement of our business values.
- To challenge, review and test key operational controls within the business to provide assurances to Senior Management that risks are mitigated and managed effectively.
- To identify clear actions to mitigate risks to the business which reflect our business values.
- To provide a first class internal audit service in accordance with the principles of the Chartered Institute of Internal Audit.
What will I be doing?
There are many different facits to this varied role but in the main we will be hoping you will take ownership of:
- Undertake internal audit assignments in accordance with the client's agreed internal audit methodology, including;
- Preparation of terms of reference for audit assignments.
- Undertaking audit interviews and the completion of compliance testing and documentation reviews.
- Preparation of audit working papers and development of control framework.
- Identification of key findings and recommendations.
- Preparation of Draft Internal Audit reports for review by the Audit & Assurance Manager.
- Always displays independence and impartiality, and undertakes audit assignments in accordance with Institute of Internal Audit Standards.
- Support in the delivery of internal audit in existing and newly emerging European markets within the the Group.
- Support the client's Serious Incident Committee process, including the monitoring of actions resulting from serious incidents and attendance at Committee's raised as required.
- Ownership of the Serious Incident Committee log including regular monitoring and closure of SIC actions.
- Ownership of the Internal Audit Follow Up log including regular monitoring and closure of audit actions.
- Support the Audit & Assurance Manager in championing risk management and the ongoing facilitation and challenge of the risk register with Directors.
- To support the Customer & Assurance team in day to day tasks as required.
- Undertakes operational profit protection tasks as requested.
- Participates in weekend working rota.
- Preparedness to travel internationally.
What do I need to have to apply?
We would look for in a successful applicant the following:
- Experience of working in an internal audit function.
- Understanding of risk management and compliance principles.
- Ability to adapt quickly to tasks as they are assigned and to respond to ad hoc requests.
- Important the individual works well in a team and is prepared to support their colleagues with all requests to the best of their ability.
- Strong computer skills, skilled in using Word and Excel.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to travel internationally and a full clean driving license is essential.
- Willingness to study towards the Institute of Internal Audit professional qualifications (CIA) or reasonable equivalent.
We also need a European language for this position ideally, Spanish, French or Polish