Search Consultancy has a fantastic opportunity for a Qualified Social Worker to join a Children's Disability Team in Stoke-On-Trent joining a supportive, experienced team on a temporary contract initially for 4 months
Responsibilities of the role include:
* Good understanding of the vulnerabilities of disabled children and the need for robust assessment is desirable, and the need to be clear about commissioning and using resources equitably
* Practice social work accountability, within the prevailing legislative framework and Council policies and procedures, and under the supervision of the line manager
* Manage a mixed case load, including a significant number of the more challenging cases that involve vulnerable people with complex problem
* Assess referrals and designs plans for action, liaising with colleagues and other agencies as appropriate
* Pathway planning, Transition planning, CLA and CP processes
* Arrange the delivery and monitors the effectiveness of packages of support to meet people's identified needs
* Work collaboratively with individuals, families, carers, communities, colleagues and other agencies.
* Ensure that all recording of social work activity is carried out in accordance with policy and procedures
Due to the nature of the role, the manager has specified that any applicants to this role must be experienced Qualified Social Workers with at least 1 years post qualifying experience working within Children's Services.
This role is subject to HCPC, DBS and reference checks.
Search Consultancy operates a competitive referral scheme whereby we award £250 to any Qualified Social Worker who goes on to work at least 50 hours in a temporary position. Please call Mike Shaw on for further details.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age