Sales Administrator - Freight Forwarding - Staffordshire - £25,000
A well-established freight forwarding company in Staffordshire require an experienced sales support candidate to join their team handling freight quotations and bookings.
The company receive a high number of quotation requests each day which are dealt with by the Operations, Quotation and Sales Teams. The main role of the Internal Sales Administrator will be to follow up on the quotations given and to discuss and close the sale.
Duties will include:
- European Export and Import spot quotes for groupage and part load shipments are received from the operators and quotation department along with those issued by the sales team
- Air quotes may also be included showing the information regarding margins and % decrease available where necessary to offer reductions when effective.
- High value, and target market quotes are given priority for follow up
- Liaising with operations staff to outline any quotes that are to be targeted for individual service departures.
- Quote follow ups can be tailored to support any services in need of additional support as and when necessary and approved.
- All quotes are input into a daily spreadsheet under their various headings.
- End of day reports are issued with relevant numbers for the day, outlining number of follow ups completed, number of quotes available to follow up, services followed up, and number of jobs and revenue gained on a daily basis.
- The quote spreadsheet is completed by the end of each calendar week and finalised for reporting to the Board.
Essential skills / experience
- Experience within a freight forwarding environment
- Internal sales support experience.
- Good communication skills and excellent telephone manner
- Ability to listen and understand customers requirements and to discuss any reasons for not obtaining business
- Negotiation skills
- Good IT skills
- Enthusiasm and tenacity
- Working to targets
This is an excellent opportunity to join a developing department and can offer future career progression for the successful candidate.
Salary negotiable according to level of experience, up to c£25k
If you wish to apply, please contact the shipping team of Flame Recruit Limited quoting reference 2186