Project Manager - 12 Month FTC
Benefits Project Manager
Aon are currently recruiting a Project Manager to join our team in Birmingham
The Project Manager will be primarily responsible for ensuring that all parties to the project are managed to ensure a successful outcome, ensuring anticipated benefits are delivered to the agreed timescales, resource plan and financial budgets.
About the Role
As a Project Manager some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- You will manage projects and take appropriate action throughout project lifecycle to ensure client expectations, project deadlines, budgetary plans, process framework and Aon technology considerations are adhered to and delivered
- You will ensure all projects are fully defined during initiation to ensure a project management framework and methodology is applied, clearly defined and agreed scope is in place and appropriate progress monitoring disciplines are in place and adhered to
- You will facilitate and be accountable for the agreement of deliverables necessary to complete a project together with estimates of work and expenditure necessary
- You will ensure projects adhere to prescribed project, risk and change management frameworks
- You will shape the project hierarchy and actively engage the project boards in the management of priorities and the resolution of project issues
- You will be responsible for ensuring that appropriate sign-offs have been obtained to demonstrate that a project implementation has met the client, stakeholders, and business objectives
- You will ensure cost benefit analysis has been conducted and supports commencement and on-going continuation of planned activities
- You will lead, encourage and embed a culture of collaboration and cooperative effort among members of a project team and board to deliver results.
- You will have built and maintained a network of internal contacts across Benefits Administration, including the senior colleagues and peers within the team, and the wider business in order to provide project solutions that meet not only our business needs but our clients’ needs.
- You will look for opportunities to support and guide project team members throughout the project lifecycle
As a Project Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Working knowledge of Employee Benefits industry and trends
- Working knowledge of project management methodologies and ability to apply and adapt to meet project needs
- Experience of managing cross-functional project teams on major projects
- Experience working in the financial services industry, preferably Employee Benefits but not essential
- You are likely to have a degree and relevant Professional Qualification (APM) with up to date CPD.
- You will be a PRINCE2 Practitioner
- Ability to use such knowledge proactively in consultation with clients and internal stakeholders
- Effective problem solving skills to anticipate future needs/issues, including identifying solutions and making recommendations
- Strong communication, listening, questioning and interpersonal skills that build long term relationships and trust and help build a clear understanding of project objectives
- Proficient in the use of MS office including MS Project
- Ability to engage in cost benefit analysis and business case development
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual environment and independently as required from time to time
- An ability to positively influence the behaviours and decisions of others.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization. Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
Aon Hewitt is the global leader in human resource solutions, with over 35,000 professionals in 90 countries serving more than 20,000 clients worldwide across 100+ solutions.