Business Analyst - DERBY head office, fantastic environment
Mortgage Advice Bureau (MAB), the multi award winning financial services business, are continually expanding in all departments and have a fantastic opportunity for a proven Business Analyst to join them at their vibrant and highly successful head office in Derby.
The Business Analyst (BA) role is to help guide the development of our MidasPro system. In the Agile software development environment, the BA is the projects Key Stakeholder. The BA develops and maintains a vision for the product and is responsible for communicating that vision to the scrum team.
The BA will work with the Project Team and other business departments to ensure that business, quality and functional goals are met with each product release. The BA is responsible for the analysis, usability, quality and delivery of a product or feature. The BA is the key decision maker on requirements and priorities and works to ensure that all stakeholders are engaged at each relevant stage of the development lifecycle.
The BA understands both the engineering and business side of the product release and is ultimately responsible for representing the end user’s needs.
- Collaborate with users, key stakeholders and project team to translate business requirements into user stories for the development team to implement
- Develop and maintain an appropriately prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation
- Work with the project team and technical leads to determine scope and priorities for product development cycles
- Work with the development team to ensure they understand the vision for the product and are designing great features for our users
- Develop appropriately detailed specifications for product features so that they are clearly understood by the development teams
- Inspire and motivate the development teams to deliver innovative and exciting solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally, and as the primary technical contact for queries related to the product
- Work with key stakeholders across the company to ensure successful product releases
Skills and Requirements
- Meticulous attention to detail in all aspects of work.
- Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills.
- The ability to build strong relationships within the MAB distribution
- Previous Change Management experience is desireable
- An excellent working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment working towards tight deadlines.
- Strong multi-tasking and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Knowledge of Mortgage Industry
- Previous Agile experience is advantageous
In return, we offer a great working environment with a competitive salary, an initial 22 days’ holiday and would look to further develop your career by offering training and mentoring programs.
If you are keen to pursue a career with us, please apply no later than 11th September 2017 when applications will close.