Design Engineer Precision Engineering Coventry £55k
Mechanical Development & Design Engineer (Precision Engineer): Coventry £55,000
* Are you a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer with experience in Precision Engineering / High Tolerances?
* Do you want to work for one of the UK's Leading Names in Power Generation Engineering and Innovation?
* Do you have strong experience in design and development of complex Rotating Mechanical Systems & Solutions and of working to High Tolerances / Procession Environment?
If so, then please see below...
Huxley Engineering and a major Innovator in Power Generation Engineering are looking to recruit a Mechanical Development & Design Engineer on a permanent basis for their offices in the Coventry area, as the Mechanical Development & Design Engineer will be supporting the design and development of bearing solutions within a complex mechanical system.
Key Responsibilities for Mechanical Development & Design Engineer role:
- Develop new bearing designs
- Undertake Tolerance Stack-Up Analysis
- Undertake test rig design, assembly & manufacturing jigs and fixtures
- Undertake mechanical design calculations
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Required for Mechanical Development & Design Engineer role:
* Educated to degree level in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent degree)
* Previous experience of designing & developing complex engineering systems, preferably in high temperature applications
* Good understanding of rotating machinery (ideally within a high temperature environment
* Knowledge of Design for Manufacture and assembly
* Geometric dimensioning and tolerance to BS8888 / ISO standards
* Prior experience in using thermal and stress analysis packages
* Experience in: Sheet Metal Design, high temperature welded fabrications, design for manufacture and assembly, production processes for high temperature welded fabrication
* Sound prior experience of rotating machinery (ideally within a high temperature environment)
* Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to think outside of the box.
This Mechanical Development & Design Engineer role is commutable from Coventry, Birmingham, Leamington Spa, Nuneaton, Rugby, Hinckley, Solihull and Tamworth and for the successful Mechanical Development & Design Engineer role, a salary reflective of experience is on offer (Circa £55000).
To be considered for this Mechanical Development & Design Engineer role, please apply via the link below
Sthree UK is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.