Tutors required in Birmingham area
Teaching Personnel are looking for tutors to work with both primary and secondary pupils who are Looked After in the Birmingham area.
The pupils can be placed anywhere within the area depending on the location of their foster placements/residential homes.
We deal with a wide range of referrals all for children who are in care. Many can present with Special Educational Needs including Attachment Disorder, ADHD, Autism and other needs. Most of the children do not have a school place so your role will be to tutor them on a 1:1 basis whilst a school place is sought. The work is always temporary but can often be required for at least half a term at a time (sometimes longer).
The ideal candidate for this role will be:
- A Teacher with either QTS or PTLLS/DTLLS qualifications, OR a TA with experience planning and delivering lessons independently.
- A candidate with experience implementing play based work for EYFS, KS1 and/or KS2 pupils
- Confident to work on a 1:1 basis with students who may be very disengaged and may present with challenging behaviour
- Experienced working with pupils who present with attachment disorder and those who have experienced significant trauma
- Able to liaise with multi-disciplinary teams to ensure that progress is tracked on a regular basis
- Someone who can act as a positive role model to help student re-engage with their education.
- Someone who is able to boost self-esteem as well as help students to make academic progress
- Able to complete a weekly feedback report to monitor the progress and developments of each pupil
For additional information about this type of work, please contact Emma Gale (SEN Branch Manager) as soon as possible.