Salary:£28,000 to £35,000 DOE
Location: West Bromwich, West Midlands
Shift Pattern:Monday to Friday (0830 hrs to 1630 hrs)
The Production Manager will report directly to the Cell Manager and will control the production chemical manufacturing plant. The Production Manager will ensure production and quality targets are met in a safe manner and take actions to ensure that the processes operate to budget. Providing production advice, the Production Manager will be actively involved in maintaining and improving plant operating efficiency, safety and environmental standards.
The Salary for this Production Manager is between £28,000 and £35,000 depending on experience and the working hours are 0830 until 1630 hrs Monday through to Friday.
Role & Responsibilities
- Responsible for effective staff allocation, training and discipline.
- Responsible for the introduction of new chemical processes from R&D into this cell, alongside routine production.
- Expected to be actively involved in the writing of process directions and to be a key figure in driving forward the simplification of our manufacturing documentation and the transition to paperless systems.
- Have ownership of many of the products within this cell, including running process improvement groups, and be a key external and internal customer contact.
- Expected to be closely involved in customer visits to the cell and may be required to support our Sales team in external customer visits.
Applications from ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged.
Experience / Qualifications
- Degree in Chemistry or Engineering
- Experience within Line Management
- Excellent Planning, Communication and People skills
- Understanding of essential engineering requirements of a chemical plant is desirable
- Knowledge of quality and environmental management systems
- Knowledge of manufacturing equipment, GMP and COSHH in Chemical Manufacturing Environment.
- Practical approach to problem solving and a good eye for detail.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good IT Skills
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.