Our client based in Coventry, Warwickshire is currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity for an IT Manager to join their team on a permanent basis.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for overseeing the IT function within the company. You will be in charge of a small team and manage the company’s technology operations and the implementation of new IT systems and policies. It is essential that you have a solid technical background with varied and broad infrastructure knowledge.
- Have broad infrastructure knowledge and still be hands on supporting issues to a 3rd line support level
- Oversee all technology operations and evaluate them according to company goals
- Devise and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies
- Analyse the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs
- Purchase efficient and cost effective technological equipment and software
- Inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Identify the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems and report to upper management
- Undertake network infrastructure architecture and capacity planning - including network stability, security and performance
- Be heavily involved in IT project work including migrations, upgrades and roll outs
- Managing key IT suppliers, set KPI’s and measure supplies based on SLA’s. Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating cost-efficient contracts
- Control IT department budget
- Manage a small team of IT staff, conducting regular supervisions and appraisals, and overseeing the coordination of work.
- Experience within a lead or managerial IT role (line management) is essential
- Broad infrastructure experience and knowledge is essential
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems
- Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), network protocols and infrastructure design
- Experience in controlling information technology budget
- Experience in working with external IT service provides
- Broad infrastructure knowledge
- IT support up to a 3rd line support level
- The use of virtualisation technology such as VMware & HyperV
- Sound knowledge of Cisco products (routers, switches, firewalls)
- Windows Server’s
- Storage solution knowledge would be highly advantageous
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leading organisation. To discuss your suitability for this role further, please contact Georgia Harris at Clearwater People Solutions or simply apply as directed.
Please note: If you have not been contacted regarding your submission within 2 weeks your application has been unsuccessful for this role only.
Keywords: IT Manager / Head of IT / Technical Manager / Network Manager / Networks Manager / Infrastructure Manager / Technical Lead / Team Lead / Team Leader / Coventry / Warwickshire / Rugby / Solihull / Leamington Spa / Tamworth / Nuneaton