Application support engineer
Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen.
* To work within a customer facing project team to provide application support for business transition, transformation and business as usual activities
* To manage 3rd party suppliers including specification of requirements, product selection, technical liaison, technical compliance, inter-dependencies between suppliers, testing, scoping of support contracts and transfer into operations
* End to end responsibilty for the specification, design, configuration and deployment of the solutions, including all technical documentation, statements of work, process maps handbooks, user guides, training and successful transfer into operations.
* To ensure that the solutions include the requirements of other in scope deliverable areas and that the solutions are fully integrated with the other deliverable areas
* To develop a strong understanding of the application portfolio used within the operational environment
* To provide advice, support, training and guidance in using applications
* To resolving ICT incidents within the SLAs
* To provide out of hours support as required for application incidents
* To set up user accounts and provide application accesses
* Administer user records and maintain the security of systems
* Resolve technical queries
* Configure applications and mobile devices to support requirements
* Support the testing of new applications and upgrades
* Closely liaise with our 3rd party suppliers to enable faults to be resolved within SLA
* Manage and track the resolution of ICT incidents within SLAs
* Troubleshoot faults ensuring timely resolution of problems
* Develop, coordinate and conduct ICT training, educational and orientation programs for users
* Develop and maintain user documentation
* Previous experience of providing application support within an operational environment
* Experience of implementing and supporting applications in one fo the following domains:
- Business (including document managemnet, collaboration and reporting),
- Service management
- Network management
* To demonstrate an active interest in keeping an upto date knowledge of applications.
* Creation of clear and concise user documents
* Information Systems degree or equivalent
* Excellent skills in Microsoft Office
* Knowledge of ITIL processes
* Understanding of business processes and how applications support these processes
* Capability to build up a good working knowledge of the application portfolio supported
* Team working to consolidate knowledge, requirements and solutions to deliver the best team result.
* Analytical and creative ability to develop logical and innovative solutions to complex problems.
* Self-motivated and results orientated to see complex problems through to a solution.
* Able to relate to end users, business managers, developers, and other team members.
* Ability to adapt to new circumstances, work under time pressure, learn quickly and capture requirements rapidly
* Maintain a flexible attitude to the tasks assigned
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
* 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
* Company pension scheme
* A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
* An employee-funded car leasing scheme
* Occupational health support
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.