Divisional Financial Controller
Divisional Financial Controller
Flexible working, Company Car, Laptop, Mobile Phone, 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, 1 additional weeks annual leave can be purchased, contributory pension scheme, share save scheme, free employee benefits package
Interviews being held ASAP
We are seeking an enthusiastic Divisional Financial Controller to provide support to the Operational Teams in the delivery of financial targets in the division.
This is a truly exciting time to join us - CareTech Community Services has developed a national reputation as a high quality provider of support, therapy and education for children and young people with complex, emotional and behavioural difficulties, learning & physical disabilities and foster care.
Overall Job Purpose:
• To provide insightful financial information, analysis and reports to the Head of Finance and Senior Managers to support the operations of the business
• To ensure robust financial control systems are in place and to develop these to support decision making
• Combine strict attention to detail with a commercial view
• To be proactive in forecasting and planning
• To Deputise for the Head of Finance when required including decision making and presentations
Tasks will include:
• Financial support for Managing Director & Senior team
• Work with Managing Director & Commercial Director on strategy
• Lead divisional Budget process (With Managing Director)
• Manage, mentor & train local dispersed Finance team
• Oversee divisional estates and manage, mentor Estates Manager
• Lead Month End process & review monthly homes Gross profit and EBITDA; taking action where appropriate. Prepare Month End Commentaries.
• Review all fees to ensure that pricing is appropriate.
• Prepare costings for new referrals & review fees on regular basis
• Negotiate with Local Authorities on fees (Rates, incentive schemes, negotiations, disputes)
• Work with Accounts Receivable & Operations to collect debt promptly
• Review & sign off payroll
• Work with senior team on Financial aspects for all Organic Development proposals
• Prepare & present IRC’s for Board. Review timelines and P&L expectations through project life
• Work with Commercial Director to ensure that all key Financial deadlines are achieved & that results are accurately reported
• Assist with Financial due diligence of acquisitions & post purchase integration.
• Dig behind the numbers to understand key trends
• Any other duties requested from time to time, as might be reasonably required, commensurate with the role
You will have:
• Significant experience in a similar multi-sight position
• Strong commercial accumen
• Evidence of success in managing a dispersed finance department and meeting deadlines on all aspects of reporting and analysis
• Evidence of active engagement with external stakeholders in commercial negotiations
• Evidence of working closely with non-financial managers to improve performance
• Flexibility, willingness to travel and a strong team player
It would desirable to have:
• Experience of finance work within the care sector, specifcially Children's Services
• Some knowledge of the market context
Why should I apply for this role?
• A well-established National Care provider
• Modern open plan offices
• Great prospects for career advancement
• Training and coaching in place for advancement
The role will involve some travel although is generally office based, overseeing a small team of accounts administrators based at one of our established offices. We are seeking a candidate who shares the same core values as we do, who will grow in what will be a demanding yet exciting position.
Due to the nature of the role, we will pay for you to complete an enhanced DBS check, prior to starting with us. Under the Equality Act 2010, some posts may have a minimum age requirement, based on the age of the oldest child within the service you are applying for. CareTech is an equal opportunities employer and will invite disabled applicants to contact us to identify any additional support that they may require throughout the recruitment process.
Due to the volume of applications, if you do not receive an invitation to interview within 14 working days, then consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion, however we have other services you may be suitable for in surrounding areas for the roles below: Support Workers, Senior Support Workers, Deputy Managers, Healthcare Assistants, and Residential Managers.