Chalmish Recruitment are currently looking to recruit an experienced Transport Planner for our clients based in Yardley, Birmingham.
The applicant must be able to complete tasks accurately, and on own initiative during our day shift.
Working closely with our warehouse, you will be responsible for ensuring that all load manifests, driver paperwork and run sheets are accurate against actual loads, and that driver allocation matches the delivery requirements, dealing with own fleet, and agencies and external hauliers where require.
Reporting to the Transport Manager, you will have good geographical knowledge of the UK and will be responsible for ensuring correct paperwork and instructions are issued for 30+ loads a day.
This is a fast moving and dynamic transport environment and requires someone who is able to think on their feet and react quickly to operational demand and changes, ensuring consistently high performance.
The Successful Applicant will be able to:
• Ensuring smooth handover at the beginning of shift from the Transport Planner (earlies) to the Transport Co-coordinator (nights) at end of each shift.
• Progress-checking any night-time deliveries.
• Arranging agency driver cover where required.
• Optimizing routes to ensure productivity KPIs are achieved and missed deliveries and collections are minimized.
• Achieve and track KPI's set by the business and produce management reports for internal analysis.
• Holiday and contingency planning to ensure service resilience.
• Liaising with Sales and Account Management to ensure existing and new business collections start successfully.
Skills, qualifications, experience and personal qualities:
• Strong, demonstrable transport administration experience.
• Excellent attention to detail with an analytical approach to problem solving. • Positive, flexible "can-do" attitude.
• Highly customer focused with a "right first time" philosophy in resolving issues.
• Commercial awareness, and cost control/reduction. • Confident communicator, both verbal and written.
• Good geographical knowledge of the UK.
• Experienced in logistics.
• Effective IT skills including Excel and Word; previous use of SAP is also desired.
• You will have a good understanding of Tachograph and drivers' hours regulations, as well all legislation pertaining to road haulage.
• CPC National would be advantageous.
The hours of work are based around Monday - Friday 09:00 - 18:30hrs
If you feel that you have all of the above attributes please e-mail your CV to us today.
Job Type: Full-time