Inventory Shift Manager
Inventory Shift Manager
They are one of the UK's leading retailers who sell high quality, great value clothing and home products as well as outstanding quality food.
Salary: £34,000 + Shift Premium + Benefits Package
Shift Pattern - 3 on 3 off rotating days and nights
As an Inventory Manager, you will be responsible for providing expertise and solutions KPI’s in the areas of stock shrinkage, warehouse occupancy levels and optimisation of warehouse management functionality to delivery process improvements in all areas of the operation.
There is a requirement for daily monitoring and analysis of inventory trends to better interpret the nature of the business, allowing for forward planning and management of seasonal and advised changes to business volumes and SKU growth.
Working with the businesses supply chain management team in the areas of event planning and product life cycle management to ensure that the warehouse capacities are not breached, thus impacting on the warehouse operations performance and customer service.
Responsibility for the management and reporting of business KPI’s.
As part of the distribution centre activities there would also be a requirement in agreeing and managing expectations around return to vendor and product recall activities.
There will be logistics helpdesk function which will involve managing requests for information from the Buying and Merchandising departments and will involve using the warehouse management systems and SAP in order to provide the necessary answers
Your duties may also include:
- Reporting of warehouse capacities and identifying future constraints
- Reporting and influencing Head Office on product life cycle and weeks cover
- Reporting and managing dead and delisted stock in storage on site
- Working with buying teams to understand range change requirements for storage
- Return to vendor, outlet and reprocessing requirements management and communication with site
- Data analysis and collation of records such as depot stock shrinkage
- Customer Service including Head Office helpdesk requirements
- Inventory control and management
- Ability to work under pressure and using own initiative
- Process development and standard operating process document creation
- Strong understanding of warehousing principles
Technical skills/business skills required
A self-motivated, enthusiastic individual with the ability to remain calm under pressure -
must have strong communication and organisational skills and be on an analytical nature, as well as possess the ability to effectively work on own initiative whilst working remotely from the rest of the team.
- Strong influencing skills are a requirement
- Operational management experience within a fast moving warehouse or similar environment, ideally automated
- Proven track record of leading a team of first line managers