Lead System Integration Developer
Job Title: Lead System Integration Developer
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000
Closing date: 15 September 2017
Purpose of the role:
This role will define, own and implement our development and Integration strategy between our Core Banking System (Misys Equation) and all other systems. The focus will be on full end to end development lifecycle primarily on Misys Equation. Leading a team of developers and testers, this will role will ensure that the key deliverables on Misys Equation and integration components will be delivered on our agreed timescales and budget. The development will focus primarily on Misys Equation with further development work on other technologies possible. This is a key role in the technology team focussed on delivering the strategic initiatives of the Bank.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Design and develop the Development strategy on our Core Banking system.
- Develop functionality and integration components on Misys Equation based on standards
- Managing and driving performance of development teams and inculcate best practices in development and integration
- Hands-on development work in iSeries and other systems (RPGLE/SQLRPG/CLLE).
- Develop using the standards prescribed by the Software.
- Support the current iSeries based enhancements in the Bank.
- Mentoring and providing training on areas of technical expertise.
- Provide 3rd level support for supported applications as required.
- To accurately create and maintain documentation and ensure a robust and reliable development environment within the Bank
- Maintain good working relationships with internal customers.
- Providing potential options to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Follow Change Management processes for systems changes
- Work as necessary with internal and external support functions when major incidents occur
- Manage work based on prioritisation within the team.
- Contribute and initiate the design of high level solutions
- Development methodology - Implement a development methodology which is robust and scalable on our Core Banking system and the integrations
- Implementation - Deliver effective functionality enhancements as required by the business. Minimum disruptions due to implementation changes.
- Implementation - Follow the development and project management guidelines in the Bank
- Support - resolving incidents to support IT Servicedesk
- Support - Building and maintaining a knowledgebase
- Team Management - Good Team management with regular one to one sessions, mentoring and one time submission of Performance development plans.
- Support - Raise the level of support knowledge of the lower tier support functions
- Procedures - Review and enhance procedures to support business needs
- Staff - raising of technical competence by appropriate use of training and development
Competencies, skills, knowledge and experience to undertake role
- Excellent development delivery expertise on Misys Equation.
- Experience in design and development strategy building experience
- Extensive breadth and depth of development experience on Misys Equation.
- Exposure to Misys standards of development and implementation practices
- RPG development experience on Misys Equation
- Able to bridge the gap between Technical and Business resources.
- Proven experience in Technical and implementation consultancy in Equation
- Team building experience.
- Misys Equation Islamic Banking experience
- Financial Services experience
- Analysis and technical Equation support experience
- Vendor management experience
- Deliver Equation services using Eclipse
- Knowledge of Java/J2EE and other technologies
Other requirements specific to the role
- Team Management expertise
- 'Cando' attitu