Extra Care Service Manager
Highbridge Social Care Resourcing are looking for an experienced and passionate Extra Care Service Manager to work at a fabulous new Extra Care scheme for older adults and adults with learning disabilities in East Birmingham.
As the Service Manager, you will be responsible for the health and wellbeing of up to 60 service users placed in your care. You will also be responsible for the full day to day management of the service and staff team.
The Service is a stylish new development comprising 51 self-contained Extra Care apartments principally for people aged 55 and over who have social care and support needs. The development has a range of communal facilities.
The scheme is situated within a prestigious new development, retail and residential complex in east Birmingham and provides easy access to a wide range of useful facilities.
Extra Care housing offers a way of enabling residents to live independently for as long as possible. It provides the privacy and security of your own home, plus the benefits of a range of on-site facilities, activities and companionship with a 24 hour emergency response every day of the year.
The Extra Care service offers a real alternative to residential care and sheltered housing. A range of care and support needs are being provided for, including people with Dementia, Alzheimer’s and mental health related conditions
You will utilise your skills and training to ensure every person receives the best possible care and support at all times.
You will be responsible for:
- Full management and responsibility of the service.
- Supporting the every need of the service users.
- Setting and providing the highest standards of care and support throughout the service, from you and your team.
- Understanding and addressing individual needs in terms of age, gender, race, sexuality and disability, and meeting specific cultural and religious needs
- Managing, developing and supervising a staff team
- Managing budgets/finances
The ideal candidate will have:
- Preferably an NVQ 4 in Health and Social Care
- Previous experience of managing an extra care service, or Older peoples care home, of similar day service
- Experience of management and coordinating a large staff team
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- To be motivated to provide the best leadership
- Be punctual, flexible and reliable
- Preferably hold a current DBS on the update service
If you want to apply for this exciting opportunity then please apply as soon as possible!