Training and Competence Manager
Large, very well-known and industry leading firm are looking to hire an experienced Training and Competence Manager to be responsible for driving the T&C scheme across several operational centres of excellence. The role will play a pivotal role in ensuring that all leaders and people are competent to deliver brilliant experiences to our customers. The role holder can be based out of a selection of locations to include Cheshire, Birmingham and the North East.
- Work with Senior Stakeholders to embed and continuously improve the Training and Competence scheme across in scope areas at all sites, ensuring this fits business needs as well as scope out and lead the design, delivery and embedding of subsequent phases.
- Effectively implement and embed the Training and Competence scheme into areas which do not currently fall into scope of the current framework, including our field populations (namely direct sales force).
- Monitor and report on the operational effectiveness of the scheme, identifying and mitigating business risks through the analysis of data.
- Anticipate, make recommendations on and challenge operational change programmes, ensuring the outcomes of such initiatives are effectively planned and implemented into the scheme.
- Collaborate with wider Quality monitoring and assurance teams as well as Learning and Development team to ensure all training programmes align with the scheme accordingly.
- Be the key expert and point of advice with regards the T&C Scheme promoting a culture of business ownership and development of people capability.
- Conduct regular assessments of competency and identify recommendations that will provide ongoing improvement and implementing the relevant changes required.
- Collaborate with the central L&D team and senior leaders to support the leadership development strategy to help deliver a step change in ensuring out leaders have the right skills and knowledge to lead our people in the right way across our centres of excellence.
- Proven experience of designing, implementing and managing Training and Competence schemes
- Strong communication skills including at Senior Management level with the ability to influence and challenge key stakeholders
- Proven ability to deliver accurate reports and MI for Senior Stakeholders
- Broad and depth of understanding of the FCA Framework including ICOB/COB/PERG/SYSC/T&C rules
- You will need in depth experience of effective leadership development solutions.
- Demonstrable evidence of managing the end to end learning process from identifying the learning gap through to measuring the successful impact of a solution, including quantifying the benefits of solutions for an organisation.
- Experience of working within an FCA Regulated Organisation