Technical Product Marketing Analyst
Junior Product Manager
Our client is a well-established privately-owned expert in the design and manufacture of monitoring and recording equipment for the rail industry. Due to business demand and continuous success, they are looking to recruit a motivated Marketing Executive who can add dynamism to its newly formed product and marketing department.
This role of Junior Product Manager is an ideal opportunity if you are looking to make a difference and an immediate impact, in an exciting and challenging environment. Perfect for an individual who is technically astute who enjoys marketing and looking for a career with plenty of opportunities.
- Assists to execute, shape and provide input into strategic business plans
- Works under the direction of the product manager to help reach the company's product/marketing goals and objectives
- Analyse technical documentation and help collect/review relevant information
- Support with NPD / NPI plans including research, execution and review
- Research market trends, demographics, pricing strategies, and other relevant information
- Delivers reports on research findings through written documents and verbal presentations
- Create and manage content that educates and attracts a qualified audience (including blog posts, whitepapers, case studies, webinars, infographics, etc.)
- Assist in the development of the marketing brochures and datasheets
- Support with website content, blogs and liaising with third party developers
- Provides fact-checking, copy-editing, and formatting assistance during the creation of mailers, website content, and other promotional materials
- Manages annual events and exhibitions
- Working collaboratively with internal and external 3rd parties including engineers, sales professionals, and external influencers / industry
- Manages PR, email and advertising campaigns
To be considered for the Junior Product Manager role, you will need to portray the following skills and attributes:
- Must have an engineering background. Engineering qualification (HNC or HND or Degree or apprenticeship)
- 1-2 years’ experience of product / marketing, with a relevant marketing/business qualification or similar
- Be a creative thinker, with an ability to use data to influence decisions
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal, and impeccable writing and editing skills
- Have the ability to challenge the status quo and bring idea’s forward
- Willing to present and talk to customers as and when required
- Rail industry experience
- Obtained a qualification from the Charted Institute of Marketing (CIM)
- Experience working in the technology sector within product/ marketing
- Proficiency in web analytics software and keyword tools
- Skills using a photo editing software such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign would be ideal, but not essential
- Have an understanding of the importance of marketing and sales to a growing business, and how the two disciplines integrate
Junior Product Manager Benefits
You would be joining a fun and growing team with plenty of opportunity to make a change and help shape the future of the company. They are looking for someone with a positive can-do attitude, who is dedicated to personal growth, and in return, you'll be helped to develop your skills with training and support to reach your career goals.
If you feel you are a suitable candidate for the Junior Product Manager role, please apply now!