Contract Manager (Commercial)
Job title: Contract Manager (Commercial)
Based (region/office): Birmingham
Brief details of position:
An opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Contract Manager based within the Birmingham branch to manage the delivery of PPM and reactive works across the midlands region.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and monitor the operational service level to ensure contract KPI’s are achieved
- Ensure that a consistent level of service delivery is provided
- Development of client relationship with the company
- Innovative management to meet changing business or operational circumstances
- General support and advice concerning contract issues.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission and payment of financial applications
- Effective management of invoicing process
- To maintain contract profit levels and client satisfaction
- Full understanding of Contract SLA and KPI
- Contract induction and training
- Attendance of internal and external meetings as required
- Quality Plan management
- Evaluation of installed systems and design in conjunction with the operations team
- Analysis of any service failures
- Data and record management
- Overall performance management reviews to include SLA and KPI compliance
- Internal audits of resource management, security vetting procedures, training, communication and adherence to PPM programme
- Health & Safety and Environmental compliance
- Innovation management
- Management of annual periodic programme for site audits
- Management of action plans to implement any improvement initiatives
- Produce monthly reports
- Asset management compliance
- Contingency planning
- Co-ordination of statutory inspections
- Review of monthly call-outs and call priorities, identifying any trends and ensuring compliance with calls matrix
- Sub-contractor management, compliance, performance reviews, training and audits
- To deal with Any HR issues in line with Company procedures
- Partake in Duty Call out rota / Escalation Procedure
- To assist in Tender and Sales opportunities with the Business Development Team
- City & Guilds (HVAC Mechanical and/or Electrical)
- IEE 17th Edition Wiring Regulations (C & G 2381)
- Health & Safety awareness training, IOSH / NEBOSH preferred
- Competent working knowledge of HVAC building systems
- Minimum of five years previous Managerial experience
- Sound level of administration and organisational skills
Personal Aptitude & Skills:
- Ability to clearly communicate work tasks and win the commitment of others to achieving high levels of operational performance.
- Ability to understand the key financial, labour and material variables within the contract budgets in order to maximise the return for the firm.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to cost effectively supervises and manages resources available to achieve a high level of customer service.
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work requirements.
- Ability to build positive relationships with clients in order to speedily resolve day to day operational problems and identify opportunities for increasing the level of profitable business arising from these relationships.
- Good knowledge of information technology, Windows, spreadsheets, keyboard skills etc.
- Self-motivated and capable of working within a team environment.
- Ability to maintain an objective and positive focus through periods of high and sustained work pressure
The post is subject to satisfactory DBS clearance (Criminal Record Bureau check), at the company’s cost.
Salary: To be discussed at interview
If you are an experienced Contract Manager with a proactive and efficient approach looking for a rewarding role in an exciting and industry leading company, please apply.