Commercial Gas Fitter
Job Title: Mechanical Services Manager
Salary: Up to £32,000pa
Our client is a Coventry based provider of luxury accommodation. Due to expansion within the team, they are looking to appoint an experienced Mechanical Services Manager. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to build a solid career with an industry leader. Offering genuine variety and excellent earnings potential.
- To carry out Gas related reactive repairs/breakdowns & statutory Gas servicing & safety checks
- To re-lamp light fittings (fluorescent, bayonet, 2D, etc.)
- To carry out reactive maintenance (Service and Breakdowns) including fault finding across a diverse range of boiler systems.
- Maintain all gas heating equipment and assist with all other PPM routines as instructed across commercial building.
- Ensure all gas distribution systems are functional and operational within design parameters and carry out reactive repairs within agreed response and rectification times.
- Ensure energy efficiencies are controlled and maintained.
- Undertake gas work safely in compliance with gas-safe standards.
- To identify areas for additional works within and out of the specified contractual requirement.
- Ensure all assets are maintained in accordance with the O&M Manuals.
- Assist in supervising contractors and sub-contractors and ensure compliance with all statutory obligations.
- Ensure that all reactive calls are closed out in line with contractual time scales.
- Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety legislation and company policy. (Fire regulations, COSHH, Safe working practices, PPE, PAT testing etc.)
- Diagnose faults on equipment and repair as necessary using manufacturers manuals and drawings as required.
- Produce monthly and ad-hoc reports as required or instructed.
- Maintain all Air conditioning equipment and assist with all other PPM routines on site.
- Report any mechanical/electrical problems affecting the day-to-day operations to the Operations team.
- Participate in an Emergency Call Out Service as required.
- Maintain all mechanical equipment and assist with all other PPM routines as instructed.
- Complete suitable risk assessments prior to undertaking mechanical work and document in full to ensure safe working practise.
- Undertake any ad-hoc duties that may be necessary.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Plumbing background
- Commercial ACS qualifications
- Hold a valid competence card issued by the Gas Safety Register
- Domestic ACS qualifications
- F Gas qualified
- Experience working with air conditioning systems
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please submit an up-to-date CV including details about your current or most recent salary and your availability/notice period. You can also call Hannah Foster on for a discreet and confidential discussion about the role.