Our independent client has a fantastic opportunity for a Registered Manager for their Residential Children's Care Home based in Wolverhampton. The role is a full time, permanent position offering a salary of £28k - £35k per annum (dependant upon experience)
The young people in the care will have a variety of difficulties for which they will need varying levels of support. In order to provide the required support it is the responsibility of the manager to ensure the Home is staffed effectively and all shifts are appropriately covered and therefore they shall be required to work some weekends, evenings, and out of office hours to meet the needs of the services
At all times, the post holder is expected to conduct themselves professionally, to work within the current legislative framework and adhere to the Evergreen Children's Homes Policies and Procedures. The successful candidate will be the 'RegisteredManager’ responsible for the maintenance of registration standards as laid down in the Children’s Home Regulations and Care Standards 2015 and as regulated by OFSTED
Key Tasks include:-
- Ensure services and support are provided in a person centric way
- Contribute to development and modernisation of services, whilst complying with the aims and objectives of "valuing young people".
- Safety of staff and of service users when they are residing at the unit
- Create an environment conducive to respond to the service user’s individual needs
- Recruit staff within the Home in conjunction with the Operations Manager
- Ensure staff appraisals are completed in line with regulation and support staff development
- Maintain a Statement of Purpose and ensure the home functions in line with this
- Implement a shift rota system to ensure smooth running of the establishment
- Promote and maintain a close working partnership with parents/carers
- Ensure that staff are familiar with and adhere to care plans as agreed for service users
- Ensure guidelines for the administration and safe keeping of Medication are adhered to
- Be responsible for all aspects of day to day management of the home. Ensure that Health and Safety legislation and Development Guidelines are met within the environment of the home.
- Ensure that the Home is maintained in good repair
- Effectively maintain the Homes budget and ensuring that budget boundaries are kept to; be aware of, and adhere to, relevant Financial Regulations; and ensure that financial records are kept, are up to date, and are available for inspection by authorised personnel
What skills do I need to have to become a Registered Manager?
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years residential experience 2 of which at a supervisory level in the last 5 years
- 1 year managerial experience in a residential home or direct social work
- QCF level 5 in leadership and management in children’s residential services / NVQ Level 4 in Child Care /BSc SW / DIPSW or be 50% though working towards one of these
- Able to recognise own reactions and feelings
- Evidence of working in crisis situations
- Ability to display decisiveness
- To facilitate others to work as a team
Motivation, energy & drive
- Strive to always improve acting upon opportunities
- Be a positive role model
- Planning, Organisation and admin skills
Why not click 'apply’ today?