JOB TITLE: Quality Engineer
REPORTING TO: Quality Manager
Support the Business activities associated with the manufacture of precision engineering products. Provide Quality input to satisfy both business and customer requirements. Be part of a team to develop robust processes, resolve internal and external problems and improve company performance.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Work in accordance with the Business Management System and ensure compliance with the BMS throughout
* Support development and control of business processes to achieve customer satisfaction.
* Host customer visits and engage positively with the customer to achieve their requirements as efficiently and effectively as possible
* Work as part of a cross-functional team to create and manage Customer required reports, DVI's, FAIR's, PFMEA, control plan's, SPC data, inspection plans, etc and analyse this information when appropriate
* Quality awareness of process requirements and customer specifications
* Monitor and analyse business KPIs to identify and drive improvement activities with cross-functional teams
* Participate in daily SQDWP meetings to support production activities and business commitments
* Conduct Material Review Board activities with a cross-functional team and assist in problem investigations using appropriate tools such as 5-why, fishbone and 8D reporting.
* Provide support, where necessary for high level problem investigations and technical compliance issues and raise customer non-conformance documentation, if required.
* Provide training and empowerment for personnel
* Conduct internal audits to demonstrate continued compliance with the BMS.
* Perform other such duties as generally correspond to the nature of the position and its level of responsibility.
KEY SUCCESS CRITERIA:
* Develop robust control and on-going improvements of key customer product and processes
* Build customer relationships to improve the performance and reputation of the business.
* Produce accurate and effective high quality documentation and competent processes to aid Right First Time processes.
* Attention to detail at all times
* Disciplined, professional and courteous when communicating at all levels
* Team player
* Organised and focused
* Logical and able to apply knowledge and experience to situations
* Motivated and can drive improvements
* Aerospace and/or IGT experience is preferable; customer specific desirable - Rolls Royce, Messier Bugatti Dowty, Siemens, Snecma
* Proven track record in similar role covering responsibilities detailed above
* Problem Resolution and Continuous Improvement Tools
* Experience in Microsoft Office suite PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project, Visio
* Experience in Aerospace approval processes
* Be central to a small team to provide on-going DVI support and updates.
* Form 3 - First off measurement - related to production process data collection/CMM report analysis
* Inspection Control Plan - Development and update of measurement requirements for ease of data collection
* Rationalisation of measurement reports to ensure control is maintained within approved customer requirements - equipment correlation, gauge analysis (MSA)
* Expand use of Visual DVI software
* Liaise on daily basis with customer and Project manager to ensure target deadlines are met
* Be central to customer audit preparation and document control