Planning Engineer / Planner
M&E Project Planner
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a proactive Planner to join our team in Coventry on a 5-month contract. The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing the requirements of the tender and / or project planning procedures, ensuring compliance with the business management system.
- Ensuring that the programme content is functionally compliant with the planning procedures and guidance.
- Identifying planning scope, major constraints and contract requirements
- Identifying major quantities and factors affecting the programme
- Establishing and agreeing with Operations construction outputs and agree working hours with appropriate Estimator
- Establishing and agreeing with Operations and Bid Team key methods of construction, sequencing, installation and commissioning
- Producing and documenting the planning deliverables including programmes, planning philosophy, presentations and reports.
- Producing the Tender Programme and supporting information in accordance with the tender requirements
- Developing overall programmes, issuing to all parties for review and implementing recommendations, innovation and best practice as applicable
- Reconciling company and sub-contract plant/labour and major materials elements in conjunction where appropriate Applying resource levelling techniques as necessary
- Interfacing with third parties to identify and resolve issues
- In addition to the above, at contract stage the Planner is accountable to the Planning/Project Lead for:
- Ensuring that the Contract Programme is produced, managed and maintained in accordance with the planning procedures.
- The overall planning strategy and the timing & sequence of the Contract Programme activities
- The issue and communication of the Contract Programme to the Project Lead for onward issue to Client and Project Team
- Ensuring that all other project planning and programming necessary for the execution of the contract is properly undertaken.
- Provide support, as required to the BIM Co-ordinators to meet the project requirements or tender submission deliverables
- Set up appropriate lean visual programme to assist the Project Team to timely deliver projects and improve productivity, performance and safety of projects
- Operational experience (ie site engineer/site agent) together with previous significant experience of planning services in small to medium sized projects within the construction and engineering industry
- Proficiency in the use of planning techniques and the required planning toolsets
- Understanding various forms of documents, contract documents and specifications
- An understanding of various methods of planning, programming and progress monitoring
- Knowledge of risk and opportunity management with particular reference to planning programming
- An understanding of the events that initiate, and of the methods used to demonstrate, delay or change entitlement
- Good understanding of risk and opportunity management with particular reference to planning/programming
- An understanding of the events that initiate, and of the methods used to demonstrate, compensation event entitlement
- Awareness of construction market, methods of construction, plant, equipment and labour requirements
- Relevant CSCS Card
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.