Female Therapy Assistant - Term time only
(Exemption under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9)
This is a great opportunity to join a progressive, professional case management company that provides excellent standards of care and services to help enhance the quality of life for spinal and brain injured individuals.
An opportunity has arisen to provide therapeutic support and rehabilitation to a 5 year old girl with cerebral palsy within a specialist school setting in Coventry. The role is term-time only and will involve supporting the young girl to complete her therapy programmes in a safe and consistent way, and to feedback results to her family and wider team.
Essential Requirements: The successful candidate must have previous experience of working with children in a care or education setting as well as;
- A Full UK Driving Licence and own transport - must be a safe and confident driver
- Experience of delivering therapeutic activity programmes
- The ability to work well as part of a team
- Experience working with children with cerebral palsy
- Previous role based in a special school
- NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent
- Experience of working with children with physical, cognitive, communication or behavioural problems
Responsibilities and Tasks Include:
- Respecting the clients dignity, privacy and confidentiality at all times
- The attend training sessions and meetings as and when required
- Provide accurate and detailed written and verbal feedback to the family, case manager, therapy team and school
- Contribute to the development of support plans and risk assessments
- Provide personal care
- Support with safe eating and drinking when required
- Support with physical activities, communication and any plans to progress independence
- Follow behavioural management programmes
Salary:£12.00 per hour
Hours: 35 hours per week - term time only (1 full time position available or 2 part time positions)
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a quality case management company that values long term personal and professional development and treats staff with respect. In addition, your commitment and attention will be rewarded with excellent rates of pay and a great deal of job satisfaction.
Please note: Your employment will be subject to excellent references and a DBS disclosure being obtained
This role would suit: Therapy Assistant, Rehabilitation Assistant and Rehabilitation Support Worker
Please apply now to avoid disappointment!