Quality Assurance Engineer
Quality Assurance Engineer
Permanent, Full Time, Based in Bloxwich
£Negotiable up to £38k depending on experience
Life Assurance / Contributory Pension
Some Overseas & Domestic Travel Required
Impalloy are a leading business in its field - providing Cathodic Protection engineering services and products to a wide range of clients both within the UK and overseas in all areas of the offshore industry, including oil & gas, renewable energy and retrofit markets. We are currently seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Engineer to facilitate succession planning. There is therefore a clear progression plan for the right candidate.
A forward thinking business with traditional Foundry (Aluminium & Zinc) methods and values.
We are looking for someone who can bring a fresh pair of eyes and a thirst for Continuous Improvement. You will need energy, drive and enthusiasm to get out there, across all areas of the business and drive through change. You will not meet resistance from management for change / Continuous Improvement - this is truly an exciting opportunity to make your mark and certainly not a 'desk-based’ role.
We are a small organisation (c 50 employees) and the right candidate will need to be comfortable working in a close-knit team (as opposed to a larger, corporate environment), therefore we require someone experienced at working with and supporting a broad range of people, including people at all levels within the business and clients, within a fast paced environment. You should have excellent commercial acumen, commitment and a totally positive "can-do" and "hands-on" attitude.
Are you meticulous about meeting standards and customer expectations, and committed to improving business performance?
Your ultimate goal is to drive through Quality initiatives to improve operational efficiencies in a safe and healthy environment for our team.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a Foundry environment, a demonstrable record of Continuous Improvement, be full of energy and enthusiasm for the job, a quick eye for where change is needed and the drive to implement those changes.
HERE’S THE DETAIL …
Reporting into the General Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring we meet all stakeholder expectations through the Company Quality & Management Systems, including adherence to ISO9001, ISO14001 and work within OHSAS18001. Responsible for and supported by all Quality Personnel (Document Control, Quality Admin, QC Inspectors, Laboratory).
You will be used to dealing with people externally such as Factory Inspectorate, HSE, Customers, Suppliers and the local Council.
- Developing, implementing and improving "best practice" Quality Management Systems policy, processes and measurements with Impalloy and its supplier base.
- Devise and establish the company’s quality procedures, standards and specifications in order to attain and maintain relevant quality standards (ISO 9001, ISO14001, OHSAS 18001)
- Liaise with internal and external Technical teams to provide manufacturing input on design development (including Design for Manufacture), specification review and problem resolution & containment.
- Strategically influence ways of working through innovation and standardization in order to drive high quality designs and efficiency.
- Responsible for handling NCRs, investigating root cause and putting corrective / preventative actions in place
- Reviewing Customer requirements and making sure they are met
- Setting standards for Quality as well as Health & Safety
- Ensuring manufacturing or production processes meet relevant standards, monitoring performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports
- Looking at ways to reduce waste and increase efficiency across the entire site.
- To ensure that all suppliers and service providers are measured regularly and that remedial actions are resolved whilst driving Quality Management Systems improvements in performance, safety, reliability and efficiency.
- Develop and drive continuous improvement / change management within the entire workforce using structured and in-depth problem solving methodologies. Inspiring and engaging others in process led activities through collaboration to enhance value and commitment.
- To work with the General Manager and Senior Managers to continue to drive the Company towards becoming 'World Class’.
- To promote the philosophy of Continuous Improvement.
- To decide in liaison with the General Manager, Sales and Senior Managers the products to be manufactured and make recommendations for new products and services.
- To plan and implement cross functional project teams to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- To advise the General Manager and Senior Managers on all appropriate matters.
- Raise Quality Awareness to reduce Internal and External Quality Concerns and Non-Conformances
- Identify Root Cause and Close-Out Opportunities for Improvement and cascade this down to embed within the culture of the organisation
- Target to attain OHSAS18001
- 3-5 years’ experience (min) within a similar Quality Role - aspiration to develop.
- Interpret and apply client, industry and international drawings and standards and convert to internal test & verification documentation
- Complete basic dimensional and test requirements
- Taking the lead role in client pre-production meetings/qualifications
- Experience in SME Manufacturing / Casting / Foundry Preferable
- Demonstrable experience of implementing LEAN / CI
- IRCA Certified / Internal Auditor Training
- Six Sigma Green Belt (min). Black Belt advantageous.
Please apply by sending covering letter and CV stating your current salary and / or salary expectations to Tara Warner, HR Consultant.
Deadline: Monday 11th September 2017
NO AGENCIES PLEASE