Assistant Site Manager
Due to expansion Kingscroft have been asked to recruit for an Assistant Site Manager by a well-established and successful house building company based in the Solihull area to work across a number of developments. The Assistant Site Manager will assist the Site Manager to ensure health and safety on site, material supplies are available, manage both direct employees and subcontractors, make sure risk assessments are completed and most importantly project manage the build process from the ground up to each plot of site. This role is vital to the Production team within the business unit and to well-being of the company as you will be managing quality standards that align directly to customer expectations.
The successful candidate will have worked onsite before and be familiar with the key aspects of site management. They will also need to demonstrate the ability to plan and organise the workload whilst being comfortable making decisions that positively impact the experience of our customers.
This role can lead to progression to a fully-fledged Site Manager in the future. But the position also takes its own very important place within the organisation, providing vital day to day support. Our sites could not run successfully without strong Assistant Site Managers.
• The organisation and control of labour and sub-contractors including weekly planning sheets, conflict resolution between operations and maintenance of the daily site diary
• Health and Safety - including responsibility for induction of new employees and frequent inspection of all operations
• Liaising with the onsite Sales Executives
• Plan and arrange visits of National House Builders Council inspection to carry out stage inspections.
• Plan and arrange with Local Authority statutory services to carry out stage inspections.
• Customer Care - including assisting the Site Manager with introducing customers to their new home and ensuring homes are defect free at legal completion date
• Assist the Site Manager in the management of the quality of work carried out by the sub-contractors and materials supplied by the manufacturers.
• Assist the Site Manager applying Company operating framework franchise rules in respect of street scene etc.
• Ensure that requisite waste disposal skips and tip skips are available.
• Ensure that sub-contractors and direct labour separate waste in accordance with Company
• Knowledge of building process, including NHBC standards and general Building Regulations
• Desirable - NVQ Residential Construction Site Supervision Level 4
• First aid qualified
• CSCS card holder at Manager/Supervisor level
• Safety trained in Construction Site Safety
• Strong leadership skills and ability to communicate at all levels
• Scaffold inspection trained
• Excellent organisational and project management skills
Salary is negotiable dependant on experience of the candidate, but it will range from £25-£40k Per Anum.
Apply now for a confidential discussion about the role.