Residential Support Worker Adults
Support Worker, Wolverhampton, £8.00 to £9.00 an hour DOE
Your new company
My Client are looking for a number of confident, experienced Temporary/Bank Support Workers to join their fast growing team across the West Midlands. You will be supporting people with learning disabilities, autism, challenging behaviour and complex needs.
Your new role
As a Support Worker you will ensure that the adults in your care are safe, healthy and able to make a positive contribution, realising their full potential. You will also help individuals, where appropriate, to develop the skills they need to live as independently as possible. Responsibilities
- Social Activities - Assisting in the running of the day-to-day activity program.
- Personal Care with dignity and choice - Help with getting up and getting ready for the day and settling in for the night including washing, bathing and toileting
- Practical Support - Domestic tasks such as laundry, cleaning, tidying, shopping, preparing and cooking meals.
- Support with Finances
- Promote independence and personal choice ensuring service users receive the physical, practical and emotional support to meet their needs
What you'll need to succeed
You must have at least 6 months social care experience within the UK and a flexible and positive personality NVQ level 3 is desirable but not essential
What you'll get in return
- Very competitive pay rate
- No cost DBS and relevant training
- Flexible working hours to suit you and your individual needs
All candidates must undergo an enhanced DBS check prior to commencement of employment. This cost will be met by Hays.
Please let us know if you are already signed up to the DBS update service as this will speed up the placement process.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Call Lydia Kee on for more information and to discuss the range of opportunities we currently have available.