ROLE TITLE: MPPI Complaint Handler - Customer Services
To carry out a wide range of analysis work on MPPI complaints and business driven PPI past business review, to ensure a customer focused, efficient resolution.
- To undertake detailed independent assessment, and provide guidance, advice and solutions to customer MPPI complaints and past business review cases.
- Utilise specialist knowledge, skills and behaviours to effectively achieve a successful outcome to MPPI complaints and past business review cases, whilst maintaining the maximum possible level of customer satisfaction, including effective customer retention.
- Contact customers and third parties by phone to assist in resolution of customer MPPI complaints and past business review cases.
- Ensure MPPI complaints and past business review cases are handled in a timely, accurate and effective manner in accordance with internal and external regulatory requirements
- Understand, maintain and apply knowledge on regulatory and legal matters to ensure their smooth and efficient application
- Support and promote compliance with regulatory and legal matters within the role
- Regularly seeks feedback on personal performance and responds to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction
- Pro actively monitor customer MPPI complaints to identify opportunities for process improvements to improve the customer experience and financial efficiencies
- Participate in processes to review, plan and implement activities to improve the customer complaint handling experience
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Undertake investigations to defined briefs to support the functioning of the area
- Sets high personal standards
- Shares knowledge, ideas and information freely to assist others within the team
- Develop and maintain an extensive knowledge of relevant products, processes and procedures
DECISION MAKING/FREEDOM TO ACT
- Review and assess customer complaints and determine appropriate response
Regular interaction with customers/CMCs, colleagues
TREATING CUSTOMERS FAIRLY (TCF)
- Maintain a good understanding of TCF requirements relevant to the role, ensuring compliance and that due regard is paid to the interests of customers and customers are treated fairly.
- Ensure TCF requirements are fully reflected in Performance Development objectives, both own and team where appropriate
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Excellent understanding of, and works within a regulatory environment
- Ability to clearly, concisely and accurately communicate with internal and external customers a full range of detailed information, both verbally and in writing, from a variety of sources, using persuasive and negotiating skills
- Capable of making appropriate complaint handling judgements
- Highly developed and proven customer service skills
- Ability to work in a highly challenging environment whilst maintaining the customer at the forefront of all activities
- Effective capability in customer interaction
- Has an excellent understanding of, and works within, external regulator environment matters
- Posses process, procedure, system and product knowledge
- Knowledge of complaint handling polices, processes and procedures
- Tenacious in their approach to problem solving
- Ability to work well in a team and to deal with colleagues
- Good understanding of complaint management systems and software
- Monitors and prioritises workload to achieve deadlines
- Extensive knowledge relevant systems and processes
- Experience of resolving a range of complaints
Maintain a good understanding of Conduct Risk requirements relevant to the role, ensuring compliance and that due regard is paid to the interests of customers and customers are treated fairly.