Field Based Sales Consultant
Field Based Energy Consultant
Business to Business sales
Up to a £25,000 basic salary, plus uncapped bonus, company car, phone and laptop.
We are looking for Field Based Energy Consultant’s to join our Enterprise Division, based in and around Derby.
Your normal working hours will be between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday. However, you should be prepared to work longer in peak periods of work, flexibility will certainly be an advantage. You will be working within a 50 mile radius of your home address.
Working in the Field Sales Channel within the Enterprise Division. You will be responsible for building your own prospective pipeline of customers on a face to face level. As a Field Based Energy Consultant, your day will consist of cold calling potential clients to build relationships with businesses within your location. You will discuss their energy and water management and how Utilitywise can assist and help them using our products and services. The role is location based, within a radius of your home postcode. Developing a wide understanding of the Utilitywise range of services In order to develop a consultancy style sale and become a trusted advisor for your client base.
Your working day will be fast-paced and intense from start to finish.
Responsibilities and Skills required
- Approaching business on a 'Cold Calling’ basis within your designated area.
- Gaining an understanding of the area you will work in in order to generate your own pipeline through research of the key contacts in that area and marketing to and approaching them directly.
- Procure energy contracts for the businesses you are approaching in order to understand your clients potential requirements
- Develop trusted relationships with your customer base
- Use the Utilitywise marketing library / database to present utility solutions to customers, understanding the range of solutions on a consultancy sell basis
- Monitor your customer base using the company CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system
- Achieve target conversion rates and as a result monthly revenues
- Accurately complete all customer admin and sales documentation
- Ensure all sales information is kept up to date for effective reporting
- To adhere to the company’s compliance regulations. All sales are generated in line with our quality standards
- Professionally represent the company at all times
- Attend sales training, coaching and team meetings when necessary
- Work closely with the marketing team and the closing team to ensure best in industry service levels and up to date industry data for your customer base
- When required coach and mentor new starters into the business.
- Minimum of 6 - 12 months field sales experience - we would welcome candidates from all sales backgrounds.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively and professionally to all customers.
- The ability to work as part of a team supporting colleagues where necessary.
- The ability to be self-motivated and focused on continually achieving and exceeding targets.
- Can demonstrate creativity and the ability to think outside of the box.
- Target and results driven.
- Knowledge of the energy sector is useful but not essential because we offer a comprehensive training programme.
- A full driving license, with the rights to drive within the UK. Provided prior to the selection process.
Why work for Utilitywise?
- Are you looking to make a difference? We are on a mission to transform the utility services market.
- Utilitywise is a fast-growing, innovative business, re-shaping the way businesses buy and manage their electricity, gas and water.
- Over 30,000 satisfied customers across the UK and Europe.
- Growing at a rate of more than 500 new customers per month.
- Building a fantastic reputation for outstanding service.
- Fantastic progression opportunities due to our growing departments.
- Excellent basic salary, plus bonus schemes!
- Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm, meaning a great work/life balance.
- Excellent holiday allowance, which increases based on length of service.
- Wide range of benefits for all of our employers - these can all be found on our company website!
Utilitywise plc is an equal opportunities employer. All applicants will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.Leicester