General Manager- Large 3PL
My client, a leading 3PL based in the West Midlands, are seeking an experienced Warehouse General Manager to oversee their fast paced semi-automated operation.
The ideal candidate will have experience of managing teams of 1000+ within in-house or 3PL FMCG operations.
A leading 3PL based in the West Midlands.
The general Manager will have accountability for the full Warehouse Operation and report into the Contract General Manager.
Main areas of focus will include:
- Performance management and succession of the management team.
- Recruitment and remuneration structure of site employees to reduce dependency on external resource.
- Full evaluation of the 'cost to serve' key accounts.
- Customer facing Account Management, leveraging the best possible profitability against clearly aligned service level agreements - service and cost.
- Identifying growth opportunities that provide synergy to the existing business profile.
Key responsibilities within the role will include:
- Formulating the business plan for the financial delivery and sector growth of the West Midlands business.
- Succession planning through coaching and external recruitment to facilitate business plan delivery.
- Controlling and improving business efficiency through effective cost control, budgeting and setting of financial targets.
- Protection of existing customer accounts and associated profitability.
- Account profitability analysis of principle on-site customers.
- Customer satisfaction SLA delivery.
- Relationship building with key players within each customer organisation and sector.
- Promoting the sites vision and values and establishing a development culture around these values.
- Employee and trade union relations.
- Employee and operational development.
- Health, safety, hygiene and security standards.
- Manpower targets, retention and overall management of all staff within the business area.
- Establishing and driving best practice throughout all areas of the business.
- WMS implementation.
It is essential that candidates can demonstrate the following skills, qualifications, knowledge and experience:
- Advanced knowledge of logistics in the FMCG market.
- Understanding of cost drivers in logistics.
- Commercial awareness and experience of negotiating large contracts.
- Functional management and experience of influencing operational teams.
- Excellent sector relationships with retailers, suppliers and other logistics providers.
- Full understanding of Microsoft Office applications.
- WMS awareness.
- An analytical approach to business.
- The ability to persuade and influence outcomes when necessary.
- Commercially astute with excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent prioritisation skills.
- The ability to adapt communication styles.
- A strong focus on customer relationships.
- High level of adherence to processes and procedures.
- Coaching to develop internal succession.
- Confidence and courage in your own convictions.
Salary on offer is between £70,000 and £80,000 + package.