Part Qualified Investment Manager
Searching for a Trainee Investment Manager in Birmingham City Centre working for one of the UK'd Top 10 Accountancy Firms. Clients Provided after a short amount of time in the company.
Key Responsibilities and Scope of role
- Assist the Investment Manager(s) with regular and ad hoc portfolio reviews covering sector/asset allocation (including alternative investments) and stock selection as well as monitoring clients' investment objectives, portfolio benchmarks and risk profiles.
- Develop an understanding of the client's investment objectives, risk profile, investment experience and financial resource. Continue to develop an understanding about the suitability of our recommendations to advisory clients and of the transactions effected for clients under a discretionary mandate.
- Assist the Investment Manager(s) in ensuring that all client relationships are properly documented on a timely basis, including checking that "Know Your Client" information is maintained up-to-date.
- Support Investment Managers in seeking new business, working closely with marketing staff, e.g. preparation of presentations, creation of investment proposals and occasional attendance at client meetings.
- To undertake dealing transactions under the guidance and supervision of the Investment Manager(s).
- Prepare and provide clients and/or intermediaries with information and reports as required.
- Ensure all duties and tasks are completed within all relevant rules, compliance regulations and in-house policies and procedures.
- Good operational knowledge of interdepartmental processes.
- Key Risk and FCA requirements
Key Behavioural Skills
- Strong attention to detail with document work and written communication
- Able to listen and engage with clients and understands accurately their needs
- Owns their decisions - makes decisions and delivers
- Able to deliver work in a timely and responsive manner
- Team player
- High energy and drive
- Demonstrates initiative and capability within the role and show potential for future development
- 2/3years of Client face to face experience
- Level 4 CISI desirable
- Level 4 CII desirable
Please visit the IDEX Consulting Ltd website for further opportunities. If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail within 2 working days of receiving your application. If your application is unsuccessful, the information supplied may still be retained for use in connection with future vacancies. Due to the overwhelming application response we receive through various sources, should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.