Civils / Highways Contract Manager
As a Contract Manager, you will be responsible for the overseeing and delivery of surfacing projects, minor civils projects and innovative patching contracts of varying sizes on our nationwide Facilities Management contracts. The role is to ensure that projects are completed to the highest possible standard, to time and budget, whilst ensuring both Health and Safety standards and the strong perception of the company to our clients and employees are adhered to.
Civils/Highways Contract Manager : Main Responsibilities
- Closely Manage client relationships from initial enquiry through to delivery, maintaining the client expectations.
- You will be responsible for the surfacing teams laying tarmac footways around the city by monitoring site operations and profitability of workload.
- You will be responsible for the delivery and productivity of innovated patching teams located around the UK.
- You will be responsible for some kerbing and paving teams prior to surfacing work commencing.
- Work closely with the principal contractor on politically sensitive sites and ensure the work force are fully briefed on such issues and remain compliant at all times.
- Deliver small Civils works on our nationwide Facilities Management contracts.
- Organising labour and resources to ensure best practice and efficiency.
- Plan ahead and direct the business to meet the changing needs of the industry within the area, and develop the resources needed to meet them.
- Communicate, lead and develop the team to generate motivation for efficient and effective working of the unit
- Play a key role in developing the business by recognising and seeking further commercial opportunities
- Managing all aspects of Health and Safety on site
- Manage defects and post completion issues to maintain a positive customer relationship and repeat business performance levels
- May be expected to spend some occasional time away from home but minimal.
Civils/Highways Contract Manager: Required Qualifications
- NRSWA supervisor
- SSSTS / SMSTS
- CSCS Gold card
- Full Driving Licence
Civils/Highways Contract Manager: Desirable Qualifications
- HNC Civil Engineering
- Nebosh General or Construction
The ideal candidate will be adaptable, a confident leader and both customer and target focused.
It would be beneficial if you have worked in the surfacing industry previously however this is not necessary. We are looking for a driven individual who has a track record of managing projects to a high standard.
Our company offers a competitive salary, benefits package and company vehicle.