Functional Skills Co-ordinator
Our client has an opportunity available for a Functional Skills Co-ordinator to join their friendly team. In this role you will be based throughout the Midlands. You will join on a full time, permanent basis and will be working 08.30 - 17.00 Monday to Friday. You will receive a competitive salary dependant on experience.
Our client comprises a network of some handpicked and selected specialist logistics training providers located throughout the UK. The combined resources of the network are some 45 training centres, employing around 500 people with a LGV training fleet of more than 150 vehicles. They operate on a hub and spoke basis, targeting the UK’s Top 250 logistics operators as their prime customer base. Operational delivery will be via the network.
About the Functional Skills Co-ordinator role
This role requires you to visit employers to deliver Functional Skills across the district. The role also requires you to have a high level of confidentiality and work within the guidelines of the Data Protection Act 1998; in particular to take all reasonable care that no unauthorised disclosure of personal data occurs.
What are the responsibilities of the Functional Skills Co-ordinator?
- Plan and deliver high quality teaching and learning to the needs of the programme
- Co-ordinate the delivery of Functional Skills, across a wide range of National Logistics Academy programmes and customers
- Ensure that your delivery of Functional Skills and Employability aspires to 'Outstanding’ in relation to Ofsted inspection criteria, awarding bodies and external contracts
- Ensure the programmes are tailored to supporting individual learner needs and careers aspirations
- Carry out tasks ensuring funding and quality compliance of paperwork and processes
- Support the department manager in ensuring that the department is working to funding/targets achievement
- Develop excellent communication links with other inter-related departments/Academy members
- Achieve key performance targets
- Maintain centre records / systems in accordance with the awarding bodies’ criteria and ensure that all records are accurate, legible and in the approved format
- Undergo personal development to maintain and develop skills relevant to job role and as required by contracts for funded learning
- Provide learner support through a variety of means including face-to-face, telephone, internet and email
- Provide learners with initial advice and guidance regarding appropriateness of courses and establish records and learning goals suited to the learner’s needs
- Induct learners into the environment, courses and systems where appropriate
- Be prepared to travel and work flexibly in providing support for learners across the Midlands
The ideal Functional Skills Co-ordinator will have the following skills & experience:
- Teaching qualification (level 3 or above)
- Functional skills subject qualification (level 3 or above)
- Knowledge and experience of a range of Functional Skills support materials and resources
- Experience of quality assurance and awarding body DCS processes
- Training / coaching experience
- Excellent relationship / management skills
- Ability to motivate and support staff and learners
- Able to support Functional Skills in a variety of contexts and sectors
- Strong spoken and written communication skills
- Computer literate
- Full, clean driving licence
- Full teaching qualification (DTTLS, PGCE or equivalent)
- TAQA and/or IQA or equivalent
- Level 3 Subject specialism (maths and/or English
If you would like to join the team as the new Functional Skills Co-ordinator then please click 'apply’ today, don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and they welcome applications from women and men, regardless of race, religious belief, disability, gender, sexual orientation or age.