As a Senior Technologist you will be responsible for ensuring the technical aspects of all product category developments are managed in a timely manner and are compliant. You will ensure any non-compliant product issues are escalated to the relevant stake holders.
You will have responsibility for the management of any technical development of multiple products whilst maintaining Critical Pathschedule deadlines, whilst also ensuring that products conform to all legislative requirements and Saint-Gobain policies.
What duties will this role involve?
- Ensure and efficiently manage product compliances
- Quickly and efficiently manage non product compliances to ensure minimum impact to supply and cost for all interested parties and implement corrective action plans.
- Write product specifications and review samples and packaging as fit for purpose.
- Working with Customer Services, Category and our various branch network to resolve customer queries in a timely manner.
- Lead projects and oversee direct reports involvement (when in place), to facilitate process improvement.
- Using technical expertise to manage and improve product, working closely with the Category team and advising Head of Quality of decisions.
- Ensure you remain conversant and knowledgeable about legislative requirements.
- Making commercial decisions, where necessary, regarding testing, 3rd party inspection results etc., with input from Head of Quality.
- Compile documentation to ensure a full technical file for each product is complete and compliant.
- Sharing knowledge on construction, materials, componentry and keeping abreast of changes in materials and manufacturing technologies.
- Manage Vendor and Matrix updates on process and legislative changes and manage the communication to support these.
- Regular travel to branches and depots.
What we look for in a Senior Technologist
A proven history of resolving quality and technical issues
Ability to manage multiple simultaneous priorities to strict deadlines
Good technical knowledge of a relevant product area such as Tools, Building Materials or plumbing products.
Strong understanding of test reports and manufacturing.
Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so.