Due to growth and expansion we have an opportunity for an experienced Credit Manager within a successful global organisation. As Credit Manager you will report directly to the Head of Credit and be responsible for inter-business relationship management. You will business partner with key stakeholders across the organisation and provide an efficient, customer-focused and responsive quality credit control service. Competitive salary plus benefits package.
As Credit Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Lead and provide day to day management of your Credit team.
- Ensure continuous delivery of cash collection, debt reduction targets to agreed service standards (SPA) and budget.
- Engage with the sales and contract teams and business partners to assist in resolution of disputes and escalated accounts to resolve late payment.
- Rigorously measure the collection performance, drive service efficiency and productivity against industry benchmarks and best practice.
- Ensure that the credit department’s standard operation processes (SOP’s) are fully documented and maintained.
- Deliver accurate and timely financial and management reporting.
- Utilise the 3rd party applications to optimise the cash collection; lead the dispute resolution processes; ensuring team are competent users able to use the full functionality to drive performance.
- Achieve excellent customer service through consistent delivery of standard operating processes; striving to be best in class; using lean methodology to drive waste out of processes; adding value through continuous improvement; ensuring resolution of escalated customer issues.
- Engage with the business partners and senior managers across the business to implement and maintain robust collection procedures and processes throughout the O2C lifecycle; to continually monitored address compliance issues to minimise bad debts.
To be successful in the role of Credit Manager you will have the following skills and attributes:
- Proven experience of strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate others in order to reach organisational goals. Preferably your experience will have been with a shared service environment.
- Prior experience of identifying and implementing 02C process improvements. Adept with problem solving and analysis. Be able to analyse issues and break them down into their component parts. Make systematic and rational judgements based on relevant information.
- Understands an environment of "Continuous improvement." Have the ability to challenge the "status quo" and identify new opportunities and areas of improvement.
- Flexible approach to meet an ever changing work load.
- Ideally you will be ICM qualified or studying towards.
- Accounting qualification preferred but not essential AAT/CIMA
Based in Dudley this position is commutable from Birmingham, Dudley, Black Country, Halesowen, Stourbridge, Bromsgrove, Walsall, West Bromwich, parts of Staffordshire, Solihull.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing and forward-thinking organisation. Competitive Salary and Benefits Package.