Accounts Assistant £20,000-£22,000
Main duties: Daily banking of client and office monies.
• Assisting with credit card transactions.
• Running and collating reports required by the finance team and others.
• Issue of client and office cheques.
• Prepare CHAPS payments and other transfers of fund.
• Make authorised transfers between designated client accounts and client account.
• Input and maintain correct accounting data on the computing system, observing current procedures for authorisation.
• Check firm bills submitted to the finance team and follow through current procedures for eventual posting of bills to the accounts system. Advise fee earners and secretaries in correct accounting procedures, and provide assistance and information in financial areas to enable fee earners to perform their client work. Assist in the completion of regular bank reconciliations and the posting of necessary corrections. Answer queries from clients, banks and other work related institutions. Supply information required by auditors and assist them in their audit where necessary. Electronically file accounting records for the required period. Carry out any other reasonable tasks delegated by the deputy finance operations manager, finance manager, group business manager, planning & business support manager, management accountant or director of finance.
FRS strives to be an equal opportunities employer, and is committed to treating all applicants alike. FRS does not treat any individual on grounds of sex, age, colour, marital status, race, nationality or ethnic or national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability or membership or non-membership of a trade union, less favourably than others. All vacancies advertised are open to all ages.