I have a long term freelance opportunity on one of the biggest projects in the Midlands! £10 billion pound project, 10 years worth of work. I need engineers experienced in civils/rail/tram projects. If this would be of interest please apply below!
Duties include responsibility for the following:
- To ensure Health & Safety are of paramount importance
- Setting out (marking the position of structures) and levelling the site
- Surveying the site
- Checking drawings and quantities and ensuring that the calculations are accurate for the work
- Helping with the selection and purchase of materials for use in the construction and their value
- Liaising with any consultants and/or subcontractors engaged in the project
- Overseeing quality control and safety matters on the site, and ensuring that regulations are up kept
Skills and Qualifications needed:
- 3+ years experience as a site engineer / setting out engineer.
- An industry applicable qualification
- Experience of FRC works and drainage is preferable
- Working knowledge of CAD would be favourable
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Self motivation
- Be able to organise yourself
- Be able to work in a strong team environment
- Be proactive in your approach
- An excellent communicator
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.