We have an opportunity for a Legal Cashier to join a specialist solicitors based in Coventry. This is a permanent full time role, however, part time working hours will be considered over 5 days.
Your role within this small but extremely busy department will be to provide support to the Financial Controller, Partners and internal members of staff to ensure the smooth running of the department and firm. As the Legal Cashier you are expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative.
The main duties of the Legal Cashier position are as follows:
· Checking and processing cheque, BACS and Chaps payments
· Checking and processing invoices
· Control and reconciliation of petty cash
· Opening new matters on the accounts system
· Money laundering checks
· Processing time sheets
· Preparation of daily banking
· Checking and Processing of Expense Claims
· One-off tasks as required by Financial Controller/Head of cash office
Our client Is looking for a candidate who has the following skills and knowledge:
· Ability to work under pressure, with a high standard of accuracy is essential
· General understanding of accounting and bookkeeping principles, and the associated terminology
· Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
· IT literate and be able to use Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word to an intermediate standard.
· Ability to work within the requirement of confidentiality.
· Ability to work effectively and flexibly as part of a team.
· Willingness to take on additional administrative duties/responsibilities (including covering reception) when required.
· Excellent interpersonal and client liaison skills, and a good professional telephone manner.
· Anti-Money Laundering, Cybercrime Awareness
· Awareness of the Solicitors Accounts Rules is desirable but not essential as full training will be given.
If you would like to discuss this role further please contact the office.
Ref No: 2886
Location: Coventry (due to location own transport required)
Job Type: Permanent
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Salary: £16,000 PA
Hours: Monday-Friday 36 hours per week
Benefits: 20 days holiday increasing with length of service plus 8 statutory days | Onsite car parking | Pension (after 3 months) | Death in Service
Please note that if you do not hear back from us in 7 working days your application on this occasion has been unsuccessful. However your details will be considered for any other roles that we feel your skills and experience may be suitable for. If you are already registered with Tri please contact your consultant to discuss your suitability for this position. Tri can only consider applications from candidates who are currently eligible to live and work in the UK in line with Home Office Guidance on the prevention of illegal working. We operate a strict equal opportunities policy.