An exciting opportunity has arisen for a HR Advisor/Officer to join a leading retail manufacturer based in Warwick to cover maternity leave - this role has the potential to last up to 12 months and offers a competitive salary of up to £25,000. Interviews are taking place over the next couple weeks. This role is looking for someone to start between 25th September and the 2nd October. You will need to be available to start during that week.
As the HR Advisor/Officer, your responsibilities will be but will not be limited to:
- Providing first point of contact for HR related queries
- Working in partnership with managers, providing advice, support and guidance on all aspects of the employee life cycle from attraction, recruitment, retention and growth, including interviewing and inductions
- Ensuring Human Resources matters are handled fairly and consistently in line with legal obligations and company policies, processes and procedures
- Supporting recruiting managers by engaging with recruitment agencies and ensuring that right to work evidence is obtained
- Advising managers on a range of employee relations issues including disciplinary, absence and capability, and facilitate investigations and hearings in an effective, consistent and timely manner and produce appropriate documentation
- Responding promptly to queries and manage expectations
- Monitoring absences in line with company procedures
- Monitoring, reviewing and updating all policies in line with current legislation and best practice
- Inputting and managing HR data in paper and online HR systems, ensuring accuracy and data protection compliance
- Creating employee documents such as employment contracts, pay review letters etc.
- Managing requests for flexible working, maternity, paternity and parental leave etc.
- Providing reports and other management information, as required, including employee turnover, training activities, pension participation and TUPE information
- Inputting all new starters onto the Pyramid HR system
- Managing the starter and leaver procedures, ensuring that payroll have been informed and the system has been updated
- Inputting all training information onto the HR database
- Enrolling employees in relevant benefit programmes and liaise with the payroll function to ensure accurate pay and benefits
- Producing monthly reports for the external benefits provider detailing leavers and starter information
- Compliance to company policies and group management systems
You will need to have previous HR Advisory experience with a minimum of 3 years in a HR role, be confident in delivering internal raining for HR policies and procedures, good employment law knowledge , the knowledge and experience of HR software and you must also be able to drive to multiple locations on an infrequent basis.
Desirable- CIPD Qualified