CMM Inspector - Precision Manufacturing
A long term contract opportunity has become available for a Goods Receiving CMM Inspector within the Inspection Department at a leading Manufacturer of Defence products at Shrewsbury.
The Goods Receiving CMM Inspector will inspect precision engineering components, achieving quality and on time delivery to customer specifications.
Essential Qualifications and Skills of the Goods Receiving CMM Inspector:
- Proven experience of inspecting complex tightly tolerance components/assemblies parts through both traditional table top and CMM/FARO arm methods
- Working knowledge of DataM
- Proven ability to read detailed technical drawings
- Ability to write reports – ISIR’s / technical
- Ability to read technical drawings and interpret CAD models
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative
Desirable Qualifications and Skills of the Goods Receiving CMM Inspector:
- Previous experience of inspecting engine and gear box parts using CMM’s (Bridge or Articulated arm)
- Time served Apprenticeship in relevant field
The main responsibilities of the Goods Receiving CMM Inspector include (but are not limited to):
- First, patrol and final inspection of a wide range of complex parts
- Inspection of engine and gear box componentry & sub-assemblies via traditional “table top” methods to technical drawings and CAD models
- Program and run Co-ordinate Measuring Machines (Wenzel) - CNC / Manual using Quartis software.
- Use FARO Arm/Scanner Gauge using Aberlink, Cam2 software
- Responsible for NDT crack detection methods
- Reporting of defects through various systems (MFG Pro-QAD / QSI / Lotus notes / Microsoft Office. On the job training will be given on internal processes & procedures & software).
- Movement of parts (physically and electronically; to / from inspection / stores)
- As applicable support development & training in the use of the above for others i.e. Apprentices