Technical Analyst - Apex MA
- The position is as a technical analyst for our clients Electronics (GRADE) Team.
- The GRADE team review the design of every electronic module before it is released for use on our client vehicles. The role will involve quickly learning an adequate understanding of the terminology, processes and the tools used for admin and reporting.
- The successful candidate's role will include chasing responsible engineers to set up reviews, tracking progress, creating reports of progress and issues for management and driving improvements into the GRADE process.
- The candidate will be required to build relationships with colleagues and to challenge those in a senior position to achieve success. The role will involve training to use the AIMS reporting system and the RMDV requirements cascade system, and using of these to promote the timely execution of technical reviews.
- The role will also occasionally involve aiding engineers with proof reading of reports and standards for format, spelling and grammar (this will not require in-depth knowledge of the technical content)
- Must have the ability to quickly learn and to apply new learning, including ability to modify and enhance reporting tools which use Excel VBA.
- Must be outstanding in ability to manage both time and documentation
- Must have outstanding communication and people skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively. Enthusiasm and energy. Initiative. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must have a sense of urgency and good persuasion skills.
- Must be able to deal with challenging and difficult people. Candidate must have experience of administration in a technical environment and of chasing to get things done.
- General office skills and computer skills (Includes: Word, Excel, VBA)
- The candidate will have qualifications which reflect their skills. A degree would be ideal, but other qualifications which show the candidate's ability and suitability are also of interest.
- The candidate must have a good capability in English grammar and spelling.
- It would be beneficial for the candidate to have some experience working with electronics engineers and/or working in the automotive environment.
- Candidates who are strong in the 3 essential skills should not be put off by this. Staff from non-engineering backgrounds have been very successful in this role.