Head of Buying- International
Head of Buying - International
Title: International Head of Buying
Based: Midlands with European travel
Salary: Basic salary of £80,000 per annum + strong benefits package
Our client is an International retail giant operating a number of successful brands, leading to a newly created role of Head of Buying. We seek a deeply experienced leader with an international buying and trading background to join them on their upward journey to huge expansion in new and existing territories across Europe.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an established business that has ambitious plans for the future, where you will be able to make a significant contribution.
To be considered you must be fully mobile as the successful and effective performance of the role requires frequent European travel.
A FMCG background and experience with buying a breadth and extensive range of products is essential. If your background includes Grocery / Food / Supermarket experience, we would like to hear from you.
If you are looking for the chance to join a progressive organisation at a truly exciting time, have the desire to travel the world and excel whilst leading as the Head of Buying, this is a rare opportunity not to be missed.
As Head of Buying you will be responsible for leading the European buying co-ordination effort with the accountability to create a powerful trading strategy and maximise the flow of products supplied from other parts of the group, as well as to ensure that locally sourced product is procured in line with the developed trading strategy.
Head of Buying - duties include:
• Co-ordinate the buying strategy and execution for all markets
• Responsible for co-ordinating, and liaising with the group wide trading teams to maximise fit for purpose product flow into International markets
• To remain in tune with market demands and needs, ensuring the right products are stocked at the right time, and for the right price
• Ensure positive sales performance through best in class buying and ranging, and through best practice sharing by market
• Ensuring that local compliance is achieved in conjunction with quality assurance
• Manage product and store stock cover in line with agreed monthly Key Performance Indicators, driving local teams to manage tail lines, and maximise throughput of key sellers
• Complete regular market visits and demonstrate understanding of local issues, whilst identifying synergies that allow the company to prosper
• Maintain full and working knowledge of the product, supply chain, competitor and market frames of reference to maximise the performance of the brand
Skills and experience required
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience within a Head of Buying role
• A FMCG background and experience with buying a breadth and extensive range of products
• It is essential that your company background includes Grocery / Food / Supermarket experience
• An effective line manager and strong influential leader with the ability to lead by example and introduce and manage significant change
• A high degree of adaptability when liaising with a diverse collection of suppliers and buying sources
• Resilient, focused and pro-active personality with the ability to tactfully challenge and build rapport with existing suppliers in the upmost professional way
• The ability to create strategy, achieve set goals and present results to the board
If you feel you have what it takes to join this progressive retail giant as the new Head of Buying, please get in touch.
A detailed covering letter is an essential requirement as part of your application for this role.
hr inspire Ltd is an equal opportunities business consultancy and employment agency that is serious about its compliance with legislation. hr inspire Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role.
Please note: By submitting your details in relation to this role you are giving us permission to submit your application to the employer.
Buying, Buyer, Trade, Trading, Head of, Director, strategy, Retail, FMCG, international, Europe, supply chain,