Dyno Testbed Fitter
As the Dyno Testbed Fitter with a leading global powertrain consultancy you will have a unique opportunity to be part of a team establishing a state of the art POWERTRAIN TECHNICAL TEST CENTRE in the heart of the UK automotive industry. This challenging role requires an apprenticeship or NVQ Level 3 vocational qualification in Mechanical or Motor Vehicle Engineering with extensive experience of using test cell instrumentation and external measurement devices.
This position is with the world's largest independent company for the development of powertrain systems as well as instrumentation and test systems. Their engineers work with leading edge tools and technologies to help their customers develop world class products. They take pride in developing their people to be experts in both the underlying powertrain technologies and the tools that enable their development.
Dyno Testbed Fitter responsibilities include:
· Installation of prototype vehicles on AVL powertrain test beds
· Regular servicing and repairs of vehicle components and powertrains
· First line fault identification on the engine and test cell
· Housekeeping in the facility
The ideal candidate for the role of Dyno Testbed Fitter:
· An apprenticeship or NVQ Level 3 vocational qualification in Mechanical or Motor Vehicle Engineering and relevant technical experience
· Knowledge of motor vehicle technology with an up-to-date knowledge of vehicle development, especially new engine types and electronics
· Strong, practical skills with good manual dexterity
· Strong knowledge and experience of working on prototype engines
· Knowledge and experience of using test cell instrumentation and external measurement devices.
· Master mechanics are also highly welcome
What is on offer:
Training - 3-6 months intensive training in Europe at the centre of excellence
Futureproof Career Development - Flex your experience with all IC/Hybrid/Electric car development
Joint venture - A committed working partnership with a major OEM no waiting on orders
Expansion - They are looking for engineers to grow and develop long term careers with the business
· Attractive basic salary
· Private health care
· Life Assurance
· 25 days holidays + 8 stat days
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for engineers to get world class training with a world class company and be at the forefront of engine/drivetrain development for many years to come.
Does this sound like something you would be interested in?
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for this role and are eligible to work unrestricted in the UK, please submit your CV. All applications are responded to.