An excellent opportunity for an Assistant Accountant to join a growing business in Birmingham. This is a newly created role reporting to the Finance Director and you will be responsible for the day to day finance for several small businesses.
- Preparing accounts up to trail balance
- Processing all invoices, handling queries and making payments
- Reconciling supplier and bank statements
- Completing VAT returns
- Preparing wages and processing expenses
- Assist the Finance Director with annual accounts and budgeting
- Help improves processes and procedures
- AAT qualified or PQ qualified bookkeeper / accountant
- Several years' experience in a similar role
- Highly competent with processes and procedures
- Able to plan and organise your work effectively and independently
- Highly motivated
- Proactive and resourceful
- Ability to work in an SME environment
Due to the expected growth of the business over the next year the successful candidate will be given the opportunity to advance their career in this role.