Surveyor / Senior surveyor – Corporate Estate Management
Surveyor / Senior surveyor – Corporate Estate Management - £45,000 Per Annum + £5,000 Car Allowance + Benefits
We are currently recruiting for a Leading Global Business in their Corporate Estate Management team in Birmingham working on a National Account. Birmingham Based Role offering up to £45,000 Per Annum + £5,000 Car Allowance.
- The role of the Estates Manager will be to work within part of the estates management team and with data and finance colleagues and administration team.
- Day to day work will include dealing with all aspects of Estate Management for corporate occupiers, including quality customer service, client reporting, database management, landlord/tenant liaison, and finance issues.
- Routine correspondence with client, facilities managers, solicitors, tenants, landlords, third parties and external valuers.
- Requesting landlord’s consent to alterations, assignments, change of use and underlettings.
- Managing and processing similar applications from subtenants.
- Undertaking property inspections to ensure landlord, tenant and building compliance and advising on portfolio opportunities.
- Analysis of landlord’s service charge information.
- Challenging budgets and reconciliations
- Authorising head-rent and superior landlord’s service charge payments.
- Minimising sub-tenants’ arrears and dealing with tenant account queries, in conjunction with client accounting team.
- Negotiating and completing “minor” agreements, e.g. car parking licences, storage accommodation, communications facilities.
- Managing common area service charges and building management in conjunction with on-site staff.
- Where appropriate, instructing other professional colleagues in relation to disposals, rent reviews, lease renewals, planning issues etc and assisting with the delivery of services.
- Ensure that all data held for properties within the allocated region on the Database is up to date and accurate.
- Undertake lease audits.
- The candidate ideally should have 1 to 2 years post-qualified relevant experience in commercial property, with a focus and a demonstrated track record in the area of property management or a related discipline such as Landlord & Tenant, in the UK.
- Experience in the investor corporate sector
- Recent graduates with rounded experience will be considered.
- The ability to work as part of a team is required.
- Must have excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Other requirements include strong PC skills (MS Office) and self-supporting for document production.
- Membership in related professional organisations such as RICS is considered very beneficial but may not be critical for an exceptional candidate.