Care Assistant - HCA
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Newcross Healthcare has several flexible vacancies for experienced Care Assistants (HCAs) to join our friendly Shrewsbury team working in the local area.
We have a variety of different shift patterns on offer including days, nights and weekends, allowing flexible working around family and other commitments.The Position
You will be responsible for ensuring an excellent standard of care is available to all service users, providing ongoing support that meets their personal care plan. Personal care could include: dressing, washing, toileting and enabling service users to live their daily lives as they choose. You will play an essential role in enabling residents to live fulfilling lives, partaking in their favourite activities and interacting with their families, friends, visitors and other residents.
You will be working regular shifts in local care, nursing and residential homes or acute, hospital environments so experience in these environments if highly sought after.Newcross Perks:
- Salary of up to £11.96/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Free uniform & training through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after initial period
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Local line manager and branch support team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
As a nurse or care employee of Newcross, expect job satisfaction that goes beyond other nursing agencies. Our nursing and care assistant jobs come with peace-of-mind as our staff are employed on a permanent basis and with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.The Local Branch:
Your local branch is home to one of the largest and longest running horticultural events in England - The Shrewsbury Flower show. It also was the birthplace of the naturalist Charles Darwin were he also grew up. You can find our branch at the Business Park near the River Severn.
We cover areas such from Whitchurch, Telford, Ludlow, Newtown and all towns in between!You will need:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months’ previous paid experience working in residential, care and nursing environments
- Referees from all employments (and places of study if applicable) for the past 3 years
- NVQ2 in Health and Social Care highly preferable
- Up-to-date moving and handling training or a commitment to do the training with us
Click the Apply Now button to being your application
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.