Project Engineer - Apex MA
- The successful candidate will have responsibility for design and engineering delivery to production of Damper Assembly Components for client Suspension Systems.
- The candidate will: Develop/design components through close working relationships with interfacing teams (e.g. BIW, Chassis, Powertrain, Electrical, Manufacturing, Service). - Prepare engineering content (Designs, Specifications, Statement of Work) to Purchasing to enable supplier sourcing.
- Manage Damper Assembly suppliers to deliver required designs for prototype builds and production.
- Apply Failure Mode Avoidance techniques (FMEA).
- Manage Design Verification Plan for testing conducted at the supplier and at our client and record using the client requirement management system (RMDV).
- Release and manage engineering designs using client systems (e.g. WERS, AIMS)
- Demonstrated competence at delivering technical solutions
- Effective planning and delivery to quality, cost and timing targets.
- Demonstrable understanding of chassis suspension components.
- Engineering degree. Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in an engineering role.
- CAD experience beneficial.
- Project management experience or APM or PRINCE2 qualification would be an advantage
- Understanding of Engineering Quality principals, primarily DFMEA
- Use of DMAIC tools preferable Six Sigma Problem Solving
- Use of BOM release software - (WERS)